I love the sky textures from this mod, but play 1.10. So, I made a few quick changes to make all the textures from the "sky0" folder convert to the current layout. I know a lot of people have been trying to get permission from TobiwanK3nobi to update the pack, but that seems unlikely. So, for anyone else like me; trying to grab just the beautiful sky textures, here's what you should do...
1. Download the latest version of Inspiration. Copy all files from environment/sky0
2. Create (or copy existing) texture pack base for the version of minecraft you play. Very important to have the correct info in the pack.mcmeta file. (I have a mac, which has issues editing .mcmeta files, so I just use Pixel Perfection as a base (and also my main texture pack))
3. Create a folder path like this: assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/sky/world0.
4. Place all files in the new folder.
5. Time to tweak all the .properties files. Don't worry, the changes are pretty simple. In each file, make the following changes...
----> source=/environment/sky0/awesome_sky_texture.png -to- source=./awesome_sky_texture.png
That's it. You now have a mini texture pack just for your new beautiful sky. Note: This will not change the textures of your sun/moon/rain/snow, but those are easy enough to replace separately.
Thanks for that tip! I was able to get some of them to work on my own, but not all of them like you did. What would be the chances of you sending me the files you edited? I am lazy lol. You aren't creating/designing anything just making it work so it should be fine.
Some, but not all? My first thought is are you sure you modified every .properties file correctly? All 32 .properties files should have the "source" line modified. My second thought is which ones were you able to get working? And do you use Optifine? I'd like to help you troubleshoot as apposed to sending files, as I'm a little wary about posting a file of somebody else's work without permissions.
Going on 4 years now without hearing from the great Tobiwan. Since then I know a few of us have tried to keep this pack going with modifications to the original so it will still work. As of right now, I have a pack that works on Minecraft 1.12.2
The skies still work in all of their beautiful glory. I still have the raw formats for some of his works (as they were opened up earlier in this forum). So if anyone sees this and has an interest in continuing this beautiful texture pack - after 4 years of AFK - I don't see why not.
I have no problem modding it to keep the versions going, but some of this stuff is still over my head. Plus I don't have the time to go into making things work that use to (randomization of blocks) or make new textures for new blocks based on his old one.
Because of how the Minecraft world works, I can safely say he's not coming back.
Especially since his online presents everywhere has gone dark.
If anyone is interested in continuing this pack please let me know.