Battered Old Stuff for Minecraft - all versions back to 1.4.7
Do you have fond memories of visiting your grandad's farm when you were a kid? I bet as soon as you got there you'd run off on your own to go exploring. You'd happily spend hours climbing over his rusty, old farm equipment and poking around in the dusty corners of his many sheds. Your favorite shed of all was the wooden, weather-beaten one with the big, rusty, old padlock on the door, right down the bottom of the farm. You tried asking grandad if he'd unlock it for you so you could see inside, but he always changed the subject. Of course, this only made you even more curious. You'd sit up on the rusty, red tractor and just stare longingly at the shed. You'd imagine all sorts of strange and wonderful things that were probably hidden there. Mysterious and magical things. If only you could see inside.
But, one day you found a way in, didn't you...
Most of the textures in Battered Old Stuff will look a lot like the things you found in your grandad's shed. Rusty, faded, knocked around, and made of weathered old wood or metal. You'll often find switches, knobs, analogue gauges, and bits of old brass on them. And even bakelite (do you remember bakelite?).
If you are using a Mincraft version earlier than 1.5 you will need to install Optifine or McPatcher.
For all later versions I highly recommend installing McPatcher or Optifine. Battered Old Stuff includes a lot of Connected Textures and you need McPatcher or Optifine in order to see them.
You'll find screenshots for the new bits as I add them in the Changes sections below. And there's a section for fan-created additions to Battered Old Stuff below that.
Or, you can just jump straight to the Download section
23-Jun-19: Added RailCraft textures for Minecraft 1.12
Lots of new textures. Many old ones tweaked.
2-Jun-19: Minecraft Forums will be archived on 16th June 2019!
After that date this thread will be read-only.
I've moved all the latest versions of Battered Old Stuff (for 1.14, 1.13, 1.12, 1.11) to a folder on Mediafire.
The Download section has a link to this new Battered Old Stuff folder as well as links to the older versions.
I will continue to update Battered Old Stuff so that the latest versions will always be available.
1-Jan-18: New version for Minecraft 1.12... Happy New Year!
- finally added gui textures for the Furnace!
- updated crafting gui textures for compatibility with Minecraft 1.12
- added Recipe Book textures Minecraft 1.12
- updated bed textures for compatibility with Minecraft 1.12 (just the White bed for now)
12-Feb-17: New/Updated textures for Minecraft 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11
- new connected textures for Cobblestone (requires Optifine)
- added connected textures for Coarse Dirt (requires Optifine)
- added connected textures for Cobblestone Stairs (requires Optifine)
- new connected textures for Smooth Andesite and Smooth Diorite (requires Optifine)
- added textures for Acacia Doors and Birch Doors
- added textures for the Birch Boat (the original battered old boat is back!)
- added textures for Spruce Stairs (requires Optifine)
01-Jan-17: Converted mod textures for Minecraft 1.10
Forestry, Railcraft, Iron Chests
25-Dec-16: - New textures for Minecraft 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11
- added connected textures for Grass Path (requires McPatcher or Optifine)
24-Dec-16: - Version for Minecraft 1.11
24-Dec-16: - Quick update for Minecraft 1.9 and 1.10
Better Storage (1.5 & 1.6)
- added the Large Locker to the 32x versions
- new wood for the Reinforced Chest
- added Large Reinforced Chests
- added GUIs for Crate and Reinforced Chests
- added Reinforced Lockers (1.6)
Biomes O' Plenty (1.5 & 1.6)
- added TreeMoss and some connected leaves
Buildcraft 64x (1.5 & 1.6)
- tweaks/fixes to pipes
- tweaked Vines
- added Vines to the 1.5 versions
- added new Jungle Planks to 1.5 and 1.6 versions
- tweaked Red Sand (1.7)
- added Acacia and Dark Oak Planks, Logs, Log Tops and Leaves
- added Red Sand
- new Sand texture
- fixed snow covered dirt sides
- tweaks to custom biome colors (please report any weirdness!)
- new connected grass, dirt and snow (requires McPatcher 4.3.0)
- new jungle planks (shingles, be gone!)
Experimental version for 64x 1.5.2 only...
- added new connected grass and dirt
- removed connected ores
Try it out and please let me know what you think. Any and all comments appreciated.
Note: It also includes some Thaumcraft and Better Storage changes that haven't made it into the other versions, yet.
- changed locker texture to suit version 0.6.2.22
- tweaked the rusty frames
- added connected textures for Vines (requires MCPatcher or Optifine)
- added Liquid Boiler Firebox
- added High Pressure Boiler Tank
- new textures for Low Pressure Boiler Tank
- added Routing Detector
- added Routing Track
- added Steel Tank textures
- the 32x version should match the 64x, now
Minor update for Minecraft 1.5+...
- included textures for IndustrialCraft 2
Not a big update, I know. Just fixing/adding some vanilla textures.
Minecraft 1.5 or later...
- new connected textures for Oak and Spruce/Pine Leaves (only if you use MCPatcher or Optifine)
Minecraft 1.5 or later...
- added textures for Trapped Chests
- tweaked textures for Chests
- added connected textures for White Carpet (for snapshots 13w16a and later)
- added textures for Hay Block (for snapshots 13w16a and later)
Quick update for Minecraft 1.5+...
- included textures for BuildCraft (64x only)
- added textures for End Portal and White Stone blocks
- add 32x version of Small Reinforced Chests, Storage Crates and Small Lockers
- added textures for Small Reinforced Chests, Storage Crates and Small Lockers (only for 64x 1.5+ version)
Quick update for Minecraft 1.5+...
- included textures for Easy Crafting
- added new textures for Stone Bricks, Cracked Stone and Mossy Stone
Quick update for Minecraft 1.5...
- added textures for Activator Rail
- added Swampland Door and Window textures (MCPatcher only)
- Birch Wooden Slabs now use the "fruit box" textures
- included textures for Steve's Carts, ComputerCraft, Iron Chests, CodeChicken's Ender Chest
- added NetherQuartz Ore connected textures
- added Comparator, Daylight Sensor and Hopper
- added Dispenser texture for new orientation
- new texture for Iron Bars
- added Standard and Advanced Hulls
- added Compact Solar Engine
- added Advanced Detector Rail and Junction Rail
- added Quartz block textures
- tweaked Rolling Machine texture
- added a version for Minecraft 1.5 and snapshots
Quick update to fix reversed Wye tracks in 64x version.
Thanks to Lord_Ygnas for spotting this
- added support for RailCraft 6.17
- added textures for the Steam Oven
- added textures for Basalt Pavers and Chiselled Basalt. Thanks for the nudge, TaeoG
- new textures for Basalt Bricks and Basalt Cobblestone
- changed Signal Box textures to suit 6.16 changes
- added support for ComputerCraft 1.5
- added texture for Crafty side of Turtle
- slightly less rusty frames on the Computer and Disk Drive textures
- fixed Modem texture and missing (default) Monitor front texture
Quick update to support RailCraft 6.16. No new textures.
- added textures for Limiter Track, Locomotive Track, Whistle Track and Locomotive Detector
- new texture for the Mine Cart. Let me know if you hate it
- added another Creeper variation
RedPower 2 changes...
- added textures for the Fixture and Cage Lamps
- added textures for the 10kV Wires
- new texture for Silver Ore
- added textures for the Lockdown Track
- added texture for the Emerald Block
- new connected texture for NetherRack
- added support for RailCraft 6.13
- added textures for the Sandy Bricks, Personal Anchor and the new style World Anchor
- the Coke Oven now uses the new Sandy Bricks texture
New textures for most of the ores.
This has a big impact on the feel of MineCraft.
Especially if you like swinging your pick in the bowels of the earth!
Damp, dark caves will be even scarier. Try it to see what I mean Make sure you enable Connected Textures
Screenshots of some of the new ore textures...
Here's 2 screenshots of the same spot with the old and new textures...
Just a little bit of Xmas
Quick update to add support for RedPower 2 PR6 (new textures just defaults for now)
Quick update to add support for RailCraft 6.11 (new textures just defaults for now)
- added textures for the Computer, Advanced Computer, Modem and Disk Drive
Easy Crafting (new!)...
- added textures for the Easy Crafting table and GUI
- changed the texture for the Wooden Rail Cart (more wood!)
- added the missing default item GUI textures (carrots, etc) for the newer Minecraft versions
- added texture for Wooden Rail Cart
- fixed engine textures for Buildcraft 3.2.1 changes
- added support fo RailCraft 184.108.40.206
- added textures for the Gift Cart
Quick update to add support for RailCraft 220.127.116.11
Don't install this update if you're using an earlier version of Railcraft
- supports RailCraft 18.104.22.168 (no changes needed)
- added textures for Solid Fueled Firebox
- added textures for Low Pressure Boiler
- added support for Buildcraft 3.2.1 (64x only, for now. And, no new textures.)
- added support for RailCraft 22.214.171.124 (new textures just defaults for now)
- supports Minecraft 1.4.5 (no changes needed)
- added support for 1.4.2 (new textures just defaults for now)
- added support for RailCraft 126.96.36.199 (new textures just defaults for now)
- added textures for the Wye Switches
- added support for RailCraft 188.8.131.52
- IMPORTANT! Only install this update if you are using RailCraft version 184.108.40.206
- the new items just have default textures, for now
- added support for RailCraft 6.4.x
- added Anchor Sentinels
- new texture for Embarking Track
- added Turtle texture
- added support for RailCraft 220.127.116.11
- added Embarking Track
- added support for RailCraft 6.1.0 (new tracks still use original RC textures)
- added support for RailCraft 6.0.0 (now supports both 5.4.x and 6.0.0)
- added Iron Tank
- added Buffer Stop Track
- added rain (not blue!)
- added a gui for RailCraft Tunnel Bore
- fixed the block edges on water, ice, sand and soulsand in 32x version
- fixed RedPower array1.png in 32x version
- the Sun in 32x now matches 64x
- added the Tunnel Bore machine
- added Frame Motor, Accelerator, Mag Tubes
- added scorch marks to the top of the Igniter
- (all RedPower Machine textures done, now)
- added Loading Pipe
- tweaked Sheep Detector in 32x version
- added textures for RedPower Retriever and Igniter
(only the Frame Motor and Accelerator left to do in RedPower Machine)
- added textures for RedPower Filter and Assembler
- new textures for RedPower Transposer and Deployer
- grungier texture for Frames
- tweaks to RedPower Sorter and Block Breaker
- added texture for BuildCraft Robot
- 2 new old wooden Doors (I couldn't decide between the 2 so I added them both. One quirk, though. Opposite sides of the door are different. See what you reckon.)
- new connected Bricks
RedPower 2 changes...
- added the 32x textures for RedPower Machine (32x now has the same textures as 64x. 32x looks much better than I expected)
- added Sorting Machine, Ejector, Relay
- new textures for Frames
- changed wood and tweaked Buffer
- changed the RailCraft advanced rail textures to match the new MC Powered Rail
- added the RailCraft item textures for carts
- ready for 1.3.1
- added the player Inventory GUI and tweaked the others
- added a few more item textures for GUIs (Ender Pearl, Eye of Ender, Redstone Repeater, Slimeball, Compass)
- changed MC Powered Rail textures (thanks to SuperVampirates for the retracting contacts idea)
- tweaked the Iron Door
- added a new texture for the Iron Door
- added a few item textures for the inventory guis
- added a separate texture for Glass floors and ceilings
- tweaked the color of normal Glass
- added all the tracks for RailCraft
- tweaked MC rails
- and, not quite done, yet, extra detail for the Switch Tracks. Probably in the next release
Only change is fixing the gui for the latest version of Crafting Table III.
- re-did the Wool textures in the 32x version
- yet another change to the MC rail textures
- added Nether Bricks
- re-did Minecart texture. Should look better in 32x, too
- new rail textures, again. Getting ready for RailCraft tracks
- a few tweaks to RailCraft textures
Quick update. Sugar fix
Added textures for RailCraft.
Almost all of them except the actual rail textures
- added gui for RedPower Project Table
- tweaks to RedPower Furnaces and Grate
- added 32x textures for RedPower Core, Logic, Lighting, Wiring and World
- tweaked lots of 32x textures
Quick update to fix the scale on the Redstone Repeater.
Also, added Jungle Leaves.
New Redstone Repeater texture. Now with matching sides, too.
Chiseled Stone block.
Added flowers, saplings, mushrooms, cobweb, dead tree, fern, and tall grass to the 32x version.
Cracked Stone Bricks, Mossy Stone Bricks, New Mossy Cobblestone, Re-done Cobblestone.
Quick update. Only change is new rail textures...
Conected textures for Furnaces.
GUI textures for Chests, Crafting Table and Crafting Table III.
Stone pressure plate texture.
Changed the Wood pressure plate and fence textures.
Tweaked connected bricks and birch planks (the red ones).
Added in the missing Connected Textures for the top and bottom of bookshelves.
Fixed the Connected Textures for glass in the 32x version.
Did a different bookshelf top with less pattern repeat.
Click the Spoiler button for pic.
Added a new top for bookshelves and a new wooden pressure plate texture.
Added connected textures to the 32x version.
Added textures for Crafting Table II to the 32x version.
Tweaked oak leaves (I know. It's exciting!).
And a couple of small surprises.
Click the Spoiler button for pic.
First 32x version. It only has the core MC stuff for now.
Click the Spoiler button for pic.
Added a newer cobblestone texture!
I need to do some more work on it, including the edges, but it looks more natural than the old one, I reckon.
Click the Spoiler button for pics.
New texture for RedPower Pump.
New texture for Cobblestone (revisiting an early idea).
Click the Spoiler button for pics.
Very Old Changes Log
(4-Jun-11) I've added a craft table and a screenshot in this post.
(4-Jun-11) And this post has a version with tools attached to the table.
(4-Jun-11) The latest version in this post has rusty tools!
(5-Jun-11) A slight aesthetic adjustment in this post.
(5-Jun-11) Added a battered old door in this post.
(6-Jun-11) A little bit more battered and cracked glass in this post.
(13-Oct-11) Added sponge, an oak sapling, a simpler window (see this post), and moved the arched window to alternates.
(10-Jan-12) Added rails (see this post). Tweaked the bookcase to match the old Zenith radio better.
(12-Jan-12) Added textures for RedPower Wiring (screenshots here and here) and RedPower Core Alloy Furnace (screenshot here).
(13-Jan-12) Added a texture for the Minecart (screenshot here).
(15-Jan-12) Added a battered old boat in this post.
(16-Jan-12) Changed the minecart for a more battered look. Also, changed the wrapping on the RedPower wiring to rope. See here for screenshots.
(17-Jan-12) Tweaked the minecart texture. A little less pink and a little more faded. Screenshot here.
(19-Jan-12) Added textures for Buildcraft Pipes, Fillers, Miners, Tank and Pump. Screenshots of the mining well, pump and tank here.
(19-Jan-12) Added a new version of the Buildcraft tank. (see it here).
(20-Jan-12) Added a texture for water. Added a Victorian floor tile texture to the light blue wool spot. Screenshots here. Moved the old fridge door from alternates to the iron door texture spot. Great for making a food dispenser (see here).
(20-Jan-12) I added iron bars a couple of days ago but never mentioned it. Screenshot here.
(26-Jan-12) Added a rusty monster spawner (screenshot here), RedPower Blutricity Furnace, Thermopile (screenshot here), Frames, Solar Panel and Tubes. And I made a banner!
(29-Jan-12) Added a Jarrahdale pumpkin (screenshot) and Mycelium (mushroom roots/soil) (screenshot).
(8-Feb-12) Added the complete RedPower Logic textures in bakelite and brass (screenshot). Also tweaked the redstone torch (screenshot).
(10-Feb-12) Added textures for RedPower World marble and basalt (screenshot).
(12-Feb-12) Added Redstone (wires) made from heavy rope impregnated with Redstone (screenshot). Added a new version of the normal Torch (screenshot) (still need a little work!). Added RedPower Battery Box (screenshot). Tweaked the normal Furnace, RedPower Alloy Furnace, Blulectric Furnace, and Solar Panels.
(14-Feb-12) New RedPower Thermopile that looks like it get submerged in water and lava. New top for the RedPower Solar Panel. New torch coz I never really liked the old one. Screenshots here.
(16-Feb-12) Added textures for the RedPower Project Table. New twisted RedPower Red Alloy Wire. Many tweaks to the RedPower Solar Panel. Added the grey metal minecart to the alternates directory. Screenshots here.
(23-Feb-12) Added textures for the Crafting Table II mod (screenshot). New top and sides for the RedPower Project Table and modified textures for the RedPower coloured bundled wiring (screenshot). Addedd a texture for the BuildCraft Mechanical Engine and improved trunk and chamber textures for the engines (screenshot).
(25-Feb-12) Updated for 12w08a. Added textures for Redstone Lamp (screenshot). Rustier iron block and furnace. Fixed Crafting Table II hinges and added inventory item texture. (screenshots)
(28-Feb-12) Added textures for Glowstone and Netherrack. New texture for Bedrock. (screenshots)
(4-Mar-12) Added texture for Soul Sand. New texture for Obsidian. Lots of BuildCraft 2/3 additions... Automatic Crafting Table, Template Drawing Machine (Architect Table), Builder, Blueprint Library, Path Marks, Laser, Assembly Table, Gates, new look textures for Fillers. Added tweaks to Crafting Table II textures. (all screenshots here)
(15-Mar-12) More BuildCraft changes. New versions of Quarry, Mining Well, Tank, Pump, Assembly Table, Laser, Pipes and Quarry Frame. More changes to Fillers, Architect Table. (screenshots)
(18-Mar-12) Updated to support Minecraft 1.2.3 and RedPower 2 Prerelease 4e.
(19-Mar-12) Some RedPower 2 additions and changes. Added Blulectric Alloy Furnace, Restrictor Tube. New look for the Blulectric Furnace. (screenshots)
(21-Mar-12) Added textures for RedPower lighting. (screenshot)
(22-Mar-12) Re-did the textures for the chest. (screenshot) The large chest is similar to the original. But, the small chest looks different. Also, I added handles on the side so they can be moved more easily. And hinges so the lids won't fall off
(24-Mar-12) Updated to support Minecraft 1.2.4
(2-Apr-12) Added textures for the MC 1.2.4 planks. New look for the MC Crafting Table. Added textures for RedPower 2 ores. (screenshots)
(3-Apr-12) Added textures for the MC sign and jungle tree bark. Changed one of the new planks to yellow shingles. (screenshots)
(6-Apr-12) Added a Cauldron, Dead Tree, Jungle Sapling, Fern and Wool textures. Changed the tools on one side of the MC Crafting Table. New inside tools for Crafting Table II. (screenshots)
(10-Apr-12) Added textures for RedPower 2 Block Breaker and Deployer. (screenshots)
(14-Apr-12) Added textures for RedPower 2 Regulator, Item Detector and Buffer. (screenshot)
(21-Apr-12) Added textures for Iron Golem "Gort", and Lava. New texture for Netherrack. Added texture for BuildCraft gold powered pipe. Tweaks to newer RedPower textures. (screenshots)
(27-Apr-12) Added complete textures for RedPower 2 pr5 Logic. Screenshots here and here.
(2-May-12) Feel the TERROR as Gort's eye opens!
(5-May-12) Added RedPower Pump, Pipes, Grate and Frames Box. (screenshots)
(7-May-12) Minor update with a few tweaks to the RedPower Pump texture. (screenshot)
(3-Jun-12) Added connected textures for glass, bricks and bookcases. (screenshots)
(7-Jun-12) Added connected textures for wood planks, wood stairs, fences, and sugar cane. (screenshots)
(10-Jun-12) Added connected textures for wooden slabs and double slabs. Added texture for wooden pressure plate. New texture for connected fences. (screenshots)
(20-Jun-12) New texture for RedPower Pump. New texture for Cobblestone (revisiting an early idea). (screenshots)
(23-Jun-12) Added a newer cobblestone texture! I need to do some more work on it, including the edges, but it looks more natural than the old one, I reckon. (screenshots)
(30-Jun-12) Added a new top for bookshelves and a new wooden pressure plate. Added connected textures to the 32x version. Added textures for Crafting Table II to the 32x version. Tweaked oak leaves (I know. It's exciting!). And a couple of small surprises. (screenshot)
JennyLeeP is making some excellent textures in the Battered Old Stuff style for mods I haven't done yet. Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones edition, Buildcraft Logistics Pipes, Additional Buildcraft Objects, Additional Pipes, and Sneaky Pipes. Check them out here.
Here's how to add the banner if you want to show your support for Battered Old Stuff...
Go to the Signature section of your Profile Settings.
Then, in the Edit Signature box, click the [BB] icon to toggle the editing markup mode.
Then paste the following into the box and click the Save Changes button...
I like these textures a lot so far! although, the tools don't seem to fit too well in my opinion. They look kinda cartoon-ish. If you could make them look a little bit more realistic they'd be better. Keep up the good work :biggrin.gif: