Yushatak's Texture Pack. As it sounds, it's made for my tastes, but it seems I share tastes with many people. This pack has been updated since 2010 and focuses on aesthetics and realism while not changing the size of the textures or straying too wildly from the original pack.
- Fences now use "branches" for the posts, which use log textures.
- Wood buttons are now "branch" slices rather than strange plank abominations like vanilla.
- Saplings now visually grow a bit to indicate whether they have tried to grow game-state-wise.
- Wooden pressure plates now look like the top of a log (sans-bark, let me know if you think it might look better with bark texture on the edge).
- Double wood slabs now are vertical planks in appearance, as they were before indistinguishable and that gives greater building options.
If there is any demand for a version without these tweaks then for now use 5.0b (they are the only change), and in the future I'll maintain an upload without them integrated - do let me know, though, by replying.
Hey, I'm a 2D artist, programmer, computer expert, etc.. anyway I've been addicted to Minecraft for months now and after trying every texture pack out there found that Painterly was the best suited to my needs, but even that didn't make me happy. I found myself editing it, and editing it, and sooner or later there was little of it left. I then started my own texture pack with the original set as a base, replacing and/or editing anything I felt necessary..
Anyway, I redid many items, blocks, etc., and have decided to release a WIP version of my pack.
There are still two things from Painterly left in my pack, which I give due credit to them for - the Diamond icon (which I recolored and edited) and the sand texture (by Vexxy, used with permission!), which is just fantastic looking. Everything else is either edited from the original textures or made from the ground up by me.
I felt that the Painterly items (and those of many packs) were either untrue to Minecraft or unrealistic, and I wanted to strike a balance between the two. Building from the original items, I recolored and reshaped them into more variable tool types, i.e., the wooden Pickaxe is a straight "T" shape, because it's unlikely that for such a temporary tool you'd go through the trouble of curving wood. The stone shovel is rounded and flat, as was the actual style of ancient stone shovels, whereas the diamond one is very sharp to take advantage of the material and provide a boost to digging power.
This version will be labeled 1.0pre1, incrementing until I feel a proper release is at hand, and then I will drop the "pre#" from it and begin incrementing the actual version.
Please note while viewing the screenshots below that the grass is biome compliant, and I am running two visual mods - Mr. M's Ambient Occlusion and Better Grass. Better Grass is especially important at the moment, since side grass cannot conform to biomes, and it alleviates the effect. Ambient Occlusion just looks pretty, heh. If you want these, you can find them on this very forum (I'll edit a link in later).
Below screenshots are from 1.0pre1 - QUITE outdated! Without further ado, some screenshots (these are 1.0pre1):
I hope that somebody out there enjoys this pack. I really just created it for my personal use, but what's the point in keeping art to yourself? Someone out there might think it's right for them, too. Let me know if you like it, or have any suggestions. I'm making the pack for myself, as I said, so I can't promise I'll take suggestions, but it is possible!
Glad to hear some people liking it. All that I've updated so far since pre2 is the snow texture (removed blue tint) but I'll keep working on it as I go and release a version every time I get at least 2-3 texture changes done.
- Added wool texture, made to look like it's cross-weaved, shaded to not look *too* sterile.
- Recolored snow texture, removed blue tint.
- Restored original light grass/tree textures - the ones I made were extremely dark on recordings of Minecraft, and also were too dark for realism in areas like desert and snow.
- Added progress bar for breaking blocks (from google images, unsure of origin. If you know, please let me know so I can give proper credit and/or seek permission).
Apologies for the lack of screenshots - long day, a bit lazy at the moment.
Only new thing in this update is glass. It's now a wooden lattice containing glass instead of the traditional cube of glass. Screenshots cover the loading bars from pre3 that people wanted screenshots of, though, as well.
- Finally did the armor textures - Gold/Diamond are changed to match the changed icons/materials/etc.
- Redid Diamond Hoe - unsure if I'll keep it, pending more comments.
- Redid many icons to match with gold material changes.
- Changed redstone to copper w/ copper wire. If that irks you, consider the redstone a Minecraft term referring to copper. Redstone torches will be turned into Vacuum tubes at some point (not yet).
- Redid Iron, Gold, and Copper/Redstone blocks - all based on images of actual ore stones.
- Mossy Cobblestone block (not necessarily final, but I rather like it so far) done.
Iron is the first reddish ore, copper/redstone the last.
This version includes the new blocks from the 1.2 update, using my texture for the colored wool, proper stone colors on new objects, etc. No screenshots because I haven't had time to PLAY the update yet, heh.
I did the icons, didn't think about that, new copy of pre8 uploaded.
- Made glass look like glass (overlayed my lattice on original glass block).
- After some feedback I have removed the progress bars when mining/breaking blocks.
- Support for the Wild Grass mod is built in.
- Glass now "final" - subject to change, but definitely not soon.
- Sandstone now textured as sandstone bricks.
Feel free to edit the file and stick the progress bars from an older version in. Some people claimed it was immersion breaking, and my pack is definitely not intended to break immersion, so I took them out.
Could you possibly make a mirror on a different site than Mediafire? Half the time it doesn't allow me to download any files. :sad.gif: Can't get the updated version.
It's been uploaded to Megaupload as a mirror. I'll maintain a second download site from now on for those like you who have trouble with mediafire and those who might prefer other sites. Mediafire is the most stable hassle-free site I've encountered, which is why I thought it would suffice alone.