Minecraft Backup Tool for Any Version of Minecraft MAC OSX COMPATIBLE!The Story:One day I had dropped my laptop, and of course, the hard drive had to break. I had lost all of my minecraft data and other things. This had led me to create my very own minecraft backup tool in java.
This program is for Windows / Mac / LinuxIt also backs-up minecraft directories on flash drives and other devices too!So, you can pretty much put your minecraft stuff on a whole other PC!
The official minecraft backup tool is very easy to use and has a clean UI that I had developed.The UI:Take Note:-The Dialogs Open with a Different Color Background Every Time.-There are currently no animations.
How to Backup / Restore Your Minecraft
1. Select a Minecraft Directory.To do so, either use the default minecraft directory generated by the launcher OR use one from technic or ftb if you wish. TAKE NOTE: If the Directory is minecraft 1.5 or earlier, TEXTURE PACKS ARE NOT ABLE TO BE BACKED UP, due to the resource pack update.
2. Select a Minecraft Restore Point.This is the folder that all of the restored minecraft files will be sent to. When the user wants to recover his/her minecraft, they select the same folder to restore back to minecraft.
3. Choose what you'd like to backup.Simply select which of the minecraft resources you would like to have backed- up / restored.Take Note: Saves will always be checked off. This provides at least one folder to be backed up.
4. Select the mode of which the program is in. -> Backup Mode will backup the requested files to the restore directory. -> Recover Mode will restore the files from the restore directory to minecraft.
5. Go right ahead and press start.
- Add animations to the UI.
- Possibly More - taking requests.
TAKE NOTE: This program does require internet to be used. It downloads font resource from the internet and applies them in the startup process.