It does work, It is just outdated. You can always go back to 1.4.6 then downgrade. (Ironic, the downgrader is outdated)
1. Use this link http://assets.minecr...6/minecraft.jar
2. Wait for the download
3. Go to Start, search programs and files, then type in %appdata%
4. Click on roaming, then locate the .minecraft folder. Go inside that folder then go in bin
5. Delete your old minecraft.jar (for me it displays as just minecraft, but don't be confused)
6. Replace your deleted minecraft.jar with the one you downloaded
7. Extract Mcnostalgia anywhere. (open the .zip, open the folder inside it, then drag it all in a new folder, if you can't figure out how)
8. Run the program
Have fun with your old time adventures!
I used your method, and it didn't work. I keeps telling me: minecraft.jar was not patched sucsessfully. Patching failed, if you get stuck at done loading, this is why. You probably didn't have a fresh minecraft before you started.
Yet when I load the game, everything is fine except that the game is still in 1.4.6. This also happened when I did it in the official 1.4.7. Does anyone know why this happened and how I can fix it? Thanks!