Hello, i have some trouble with this on my server.
Basicly one of the ranks in permissions cant join any teams because the gates dosnt work.
Is there something i need to put into the permissions cfg for it to work properly?
Looks like an awesome plugin so i really wanna try it.
It is time that we steered by the stars, not by the lights of each passing ship.
Hello friends. Here's the latest War drop.
- Updated to Craftbukkit RB #531
- Big change: support for more than three teams
-- No more precious (diamond, etc) blocks - all teams use wool colors
-- Lobby stretches for support up to 16 teams
-- Available team names/colors: diamond, iron, gold, white, orange, magenta, blue, green, pink, gray, purple, navy, brown, darkgreen, red and black
- No more mob spawn exceptions
- "/zone <zone-name>" now has string matching (e.g. "/zone spl" will get you to zone Spleef). Same for team names.
- MultiVerse/multi-world support should be slightly less broken, but you might still need to /reload after your server started to load warzones on your other worlds.
Thanks for your support and your patience with the slow updates.
"The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!"
Here's a big stability update targeted for Craftbukkit RB #556.
- Performance enhancements: should feel much snappier and be less buggy for players that die, thanks to a better use of the scheduler. Note that zone resets are slightly delayed now.
- Proper multi-world support
> Warzones don't conflict accross worlds anymore
> Zones are loaded with a delay at plugin enable-time. This should leave enough time to MultiVerse to load the secondary worlds before their warzones start resetting.
> Nether lobbies appear at a reasonable height. Outlines are still buggy though: use "/zonecfg outline:off".
- New aliases: you can now use "/warcfg" instead of "/setwarconfig" and "/zonecfg" instead of "/setzoneconfig"
- Warzone rally points: use "/warcfg rallypoint:<warzone-name>" to change the location where players get teleported at the end of a match for that zone. This effectively lets you link warzones together in a sequence, or simply prevent players from re-joining a warzone right away.
- New minimum zone size: 10x10. New max: 750x750 (you want to try this at your own risk, though).
- Ladders, lever and other blocks that can be set on walls should now reset properly in all cases.
- Wool blocks can now be saved in chests and will be reset with their color (now persisting chest item durability and data, instead of just type and item count).
Hey sorry if this is a dumb question, but just out of curiosity, how do mobs work with this??
Is there no mobs/animals that spawn inside the zone? Is there maybe a way of turning the spawning on/off?
Hi Mango. :smile.gif:
To turn off creature (mobs and animals) spawning, you can use this command: "/zonecfg nocreatures:true". To turn off mobs for all future warzones (i.e. to change the default value), use "/warcfg nocreatures:true".
Hi. I really like this mod but sadly I can't use use it. Is it possible that you could make it so that online mode doesn't have to be true? And before all you trolls start telling me to buy the game, I am only 13 and I have no way of buying it. My parents won't let me :sad.gif: Please implement this into the next update. :smile.gif:
When you can't choose between two evenly balanced course of action to take, choose the bolder.
Even with my looming graduation (and associated deadlines), I couldn't resist making a quick update to War for Minecraft beta 1.4. No new features this time around, sorry.
- Compatibility with Craftbukkit #617
- Fixed "/war <command-name>" not working as a workaround for command conflicts. "/war" prefixed commands should now also pass the blanket ban on non-War commands in warzones.
You'll receive a wooden sword. Left-click to place the first corner. Right-click to place the second cuboid corner.
Drop the sword to deactivate warzone setting and resizing.
At one extremity, type "/setzone ziggy corner1" (or c1 or pos1 instead of "corner1").
At the other end, type "/setzone ziggy corner2" (or c2/pos2).
Make sure to remember what corner is where!
Classic Northwest/Southeast mode
The old "/setzone ziggy <nw/se>" mode is still supported.
By default, the Northwest corner becomes corner1 (with corner1 at the top block, y=127).
i.e, to bring down the roof of a classic warzone, go to the Northwest corner at the desired height and type "/setzone ziggy c1".
By default, the Southeast corner becomes corner2 (with corner2 at the bottom block, y=0).
i.e, to bring up the floor of a classic warzone, go to the Southeast corner at the desired height and type "/setzone ziggy c2".
Using nw/se to resize a cuboid warzone will not change the height of its corners.
With the new cuboid mode, lobbies now automatically appear at mid-height of the cuboid (i.e. not necessarily at the surface anymore). This makes their positioning more predictable. From within a warzone, you can still use "/setzonelobby <north/south/west/east>" to change which wall the lobby is attached to.
When outside a warzone, type "/setzonelobby <warzone-name>" to detach the lobby form the warzone's wall and place it where you are standing.
In general, lobbies should cause a lot less headaches and reset properly (I can't make any promises for the warhub, though).
Workaround for the kicked-for-moving-too-quickly bug that occurred when people in warzones died in lava. I bluntly prevent them from getting kicked now.
No more glass warzone outlines on the ground. As zonemaker, use "/zonemaker" to bring up the magic walls to help you.
Various smaller additions and fixes
Can't capture the flag of team with no members (thanks SuperYoshi!)
Configurable health bonus for monuments (thanks SuperYoshi!)
Can't score if only players in one team
No more FF message when arrows bounce back onto you
Zonemakers, when on a team in a warzone, will see magic walls (they used to be able to just step out).
Zonemakers can now edit the blocks on the edges of warzones
Added "/zm" alias for "/zonemaker"
Made War /reload friendly
Added "/unloadwar" and "/loadwar" commands. Unfortunately, in its current state, "/unloadwar" doesn't free up all the memory used by warzones, only part of it. The only true performance fix you have for now is to remove warzones from the "plugins/War/war.txt" file so that they don't get loaded when you reboot your server.
When people log-out mid-game and the server shuts down, their inventory now gets properly reset (thanks to a Craftbukkit update).
The warzone friendlyfire setting should now be written to disk properly.
I'll be updating the instructions page today to better explain the new commands. I'll also cobble together a new youtube video.
UPDATE: Sorry everyone. I didn't test lobbies properly after adding the detached option. Everything should be better now.
Let me thank you gratefully for your patience with this update and for the 5200+ direct downloads of War v1.4.2 - Slim (and the 5000 additional downloads through CraftbukkitUpToDate). Your support means a lot. War on!