Looks like it's my cue to come back from the dead. I probably won't be able to read the pages of posts beforehand since I still have to work on gravity hulls among other things, but obviously the release of 1.6 means I'll have to get back to work again as soon as Zeerix finished porting, assuming that he plans to. We might end up waiting until notch fixes the bugs in 1.6.4.
Thanks for the update Llama. I'm kind of new to this game, so I'm wondering if the Runecraft Bukkit build will probably work once the Bukkit people get their plugin working, or would you presume that the Runecraft plugin will need more help after Bukkit is working with 1.6.X?
I won't hold you to it, I'm just trying to get a feel of whether I should consider abandoning Runecraft for a while, or either sticking with 1.5 Bukkit for a while. I don't like either of those option. :smile.gif: Any opinion of yours as to how I should proceed would be welcomed.
PS: Currently I'm not using Bukkit at all, just the vanilla 1.5.2 MInecraft with the Runecraft stuff copied into the jar.
I think more non-redstone based runes should be implemented... not OP ones ofc but currently only a couple of runes (teleporters/compass) work without redstone and I think it'd be better if there were more runes like that that you could use almost straight away, as opposed to digging ages for redstone....
(What can I say... I love starting new worlds :biggrin.gif:)
Going back to page 2 or 3 or something, I saw SuperLlama say that redstone was primarily for runes that didn't persist (aka once you use the rune, it goes away), whereas runes that persisted (aka teleporters/waypoints) don't use redstone as a requirement. I don't know if that philosophy is still being used, though. That said, there are other runes that don't need redstone, most of the ones that are semi-immediately craftable having to do with passageways that appear/disappear.
P.S. SuperLlama check your PMs already :tongue.gif:
Alright, we finally got the update ready-- turns out Zeerix has been doing quite a bit in my absence but hasn't had access to the FTP. Here's the changelog he gave me:
* Zeerix' Chest works again
* New rune
* Chrono Trigger: Added 2 minutes cooldown to avoid server crash
* Fixed a bug where Flight and Shield could crash the server
* Added multiworld-support for many runes
* Added/improved metadata-support (wool colors etc.) for many runes
* some more bugfixes
* Shield has more uses and is animated
* Added a world.id file to every world folder; change the contents with a text editor to change the world's id
* Added support for AttributeProviders: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/attributeproviders.15860/
* Added multiworld-support (normal and nether)
* Finally got spring string to reset fall distance
* Added this new old rune: (it was added between 2.5 and 2.5.1 but disabled because it didn't work, and it's fixed and implemented now)
--absorb into boots
Updating OP, the downloads page has the new version.
Okay so the stupid new forum won't let me edit the OP because it's too long :/
You could put the template/tutorial on your own site (with sections for normal runes, tool runes, and revealed secret templates), perhaps with a "newest update" section so people can see what's new. That would allow you to trim the OP to only include download, install, and configuration information, along with a FAQ and changelog. Just a suggestion, though.