progress being don while waiting for the models since bbbmarko01 wants to scrap the old project and provide the models:
- Sonic Screwdriver meta item (will include all the sonic screwdrivers in series as soon as we have models for them and will change states for function) (20% done)(needs models including hell bent sonic screwdriver), will be used to add and delete rooms, open roundels (mode also can open iron doors and iron trapdoors too and activate redstone), more functions at a later date.
- Tardis Key meta item (56% done) (needs models, will start adding nbt to it for imprinting an owner and target tardis so that the owner of the tardis can give out keys to companions), will be used to enter a tardis.
- Starting room structure block (complete, just needs event handler), will be used to save rooms including console room layouts.
- Ending room structure block (complete, just needs event handler), see above
- Vertical Lift Door (0%), will allow connecting lifts to hallways vertically the way rooms are connected in tardis mod
- Lift Stop (0%), will work like a vertical lift door, just it gets replaced with a lift when activated instead of being replaced with air.
- Door Block (0%), will work like a door in tardis mod, exactly.
- Tardis Door (0%), used to enter and exit the tardis, need model.
- Tardis Console meta block (0%), will have all the different consoles in it. controls the tardis and gives/configures sonic screwdriver.
- Control Sector block (0%), this should be obvious.
- Tardis Exterior mob with meta (0%), why a mob? so it is possible to fly it.
These will use nbt so that we can keep themes of rooms uniform with the main console room:
- Wall meta block (0%), there will be 2 types. WIll use a TileEntity since it will copy step sounds, break sounds, and textures of existing blocks. The tardis console will set the default nbt that sets the wall, floor, and roundel looks.
- Roundel meta block (0%), there will be multiple types, will use a TileEntity for same reason above, just with a roundel on it.
- Floor meta block (0%), there will be 2 types, will use a TileEntity for same reason above.
any other blocks we have seen will have no function until we have planned them and programmed them.
I just finished building my tardis tonight. To illuminate your 12th Doctor console I just inserted 2 glowstone fence posts using the Monoblocks mod. Also inserted extra monitor around the back of the console to enable travel using the Daleks mod. Many thanks to the mod authors for this. I'm quite happy with the result.
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Hello guys, want really active and sorry for keep you waiting, this mod was kinda forgotten amongst my job and other family stuff, i'm going to keep going with it and you can expect update for new years eve.
I have been kinda waiting for the models so that we can have a real working TARDIS, but with no models, my work has been kinda frozen. Marko, please contact me back, I really want to get started, making a tardis with 1.9.x and above would be insanely easy since a void biome exists (contains a single block and nothing else) which can be used as a base for a tardis dimension.
it would be much less work than 1.7.10 or even 1.8.9 like originally planned. 1.10.2 will be the version used if we begin.