So I saw this thread yesterday, but didn't have time to post. So here's a question: Will the player have the ability to be infected? I mean switching the player render for something akin to morph mod, but not really like that. Also the mobs look a bit nightmarish, good job!
As of now, no. You can't be infected like that. You just start dying once infectivity reaches 100%. However in the next update for my testers (Beta0.1b) you will be able to safely mutate genetic features with mutant pathogens. Up to four will be able to be equipped.
- Hungry brain spider - contact with the virus has caused some spiders to have an uncontrollable hunger for human brains. They are smaller and quieter than regular spiders and will try to jump on your head. If you aren't wearing a helmet they can kill in seconds.
- Spidering Spider - A family of 9 hungry brain spiders got another dose of the infection at the same time. One of the spiders grew to twice the normal size, whilst the 8 smallest spiders became fused to the feet of the giant. Killing the large spider will cause the 8 small ones to split off and become regular hungry brain spiders.
- Digging spider - A spider that spent too much time underground. After becoming infected, it gained the ability to dig through solid stone.
- Aqua glider - A spider got infected near water. Its feet became wide and flat, which allowed it to walk on water at 3x the player's sprint speed.
- Sneaker - Spiders in the jungle got the ability to camouflage themselves after being exposed to the virus. They act like normal spiders but are almost completely transparent until they are within 2 blocks of you. They are also silent, apart from their footsteps...
- Stalker - A spider and a creeper were infected at the same time and fused together into a grotesque monstrosity. They are extremely fast, can climb walls, and will not hesitate to explode to get to you.
- Illusion Spider - what's that - 5 spiders coming at me from different directions? CRAP! This sneaky bugger can make illusory copies of itself, but you have to find the real one...