Ever wish you could build a house (fortress) on a server that actually kept you safe from the other players? This mod adds exactly that.
You build a house like in single player and use the Fortress Generator to make it unbreakable.
It also gives you white list control over who is allowed into your fortress.
Why use this mod on your server?
- It feels like it belongs in minecraft (chunks you can't edit for any visible reason do not).
- Simple. No commands to learn (like /f join SomeFaction).
- No abandoned, claimed land left behind (fortress generator runs out of fuel).
- Cool animation when protecting / unprotecting your structure.
- Makes glowstone dust a valuable commodity (fuel for the fortress generator).
- Manual (crafted book) so you don't have to explain the mod to everyone.
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
just tested it in SMP, tnt can destroy the generator itself and the GUI for the generator doesn't accurately show how much time is left. It also needs a config setting for the /stuck command, 3 minutes is too long. Other than that, it works good.
I made the /stuck delay configurable as Programmer1812 suggested (and updated the download link in the first post).
The other suggestions:
"perhaps the fuel should be proportional to the number of protected blocks"
This is a good suggestion. I've been thinking about it all day. My original thinking was that a flat rate would incentive people to group together and form a team (sharing a fortress to reduce fuel cost). I'm not sure if that will actual work though (since most people won't think about it). I haven't decided yet what to do about this idea.
"TNT can destroy the generator itself"
This is the intended behavior. Your fortress walls should be what keep the generator safe.
"the GUI for the generator doesn't accurately show how much time is left"
Its true that the fire in the GUI is not a very granular indicator (though it is accurate). I assume you meant I should make a higher granularity indicator?