The other thread mysteriously vanished. So while I attempt to get that sorted out, here's a new thread. (Fortunately, I had the post saved to my PC.) This thread may be locked or deleted if the old thread is recovered - otherwise, it may take the other's place. Either way, feel free to post as I'll read anything you do. Thanks everyone for your support.
Presenting... A Thaumcraft 4 addon about automation and logistics
New in Version 0.7 is the tally box, a way to react to item counts of specific items (rather than just how full a container is). But more importantly... it's updated for Thaumcraft 4.2 and Minecraft 1.7.10! Yay!
The following descriptions and images are of already-implemented features of the addon. Many other features are planned for future releases.
Improved control over golems.
Vis/Essentia Logic: React to the state of warded jars, recharging wands, nodes, cauldrons and more.
Redstone Logic: A magic-themed take on "redstone wire", "wireless redstone", clocks, and various bits of logic (including strength-sensitive logic, not just "off" or "on").
Item Logistics: Maintain desired quantities of items in your chests, split supply chains into multiple routes, advanced filters (choose sensitivity to metadata and NBT, or even use text to indicate item names), and more.
Make any chest (or other inventory block) into a pseudo-hungry chest using the Hungry Maw, or use the Finical Maw to make it respect an item filter.
Player "Quality of Life": Quickly drop off items and restock your supplies with a single one-click visit to the Eager Chest, throw a special pearl to gather dropped items even at a distance, etc.
Here are most of the features of the addon as of the initial release (v0.1). This will be updated to include newer features when I have some time.
Vis Reader: Send redstone signals based on an object's current aspects. Has numerous applications, such as automating wand recharging or automatic essentia distillation based on jars' contents.
A new "redstone wire" system (called redcrystal), a magic-flavored alternative to those other redstone wire mods. This lets you run your signals along walls and ceilings, boost the range well beyond 15, and run lines next to each other without connecting them. You can also react to / alter the signal strength in ways I haven't seen other mods do, which is handy when you only want a certain-strength signal to be allowed through, for example (which is good when devices output varying signal strengths depending on conditions or when they react to different signal strengths in different ways).
The hourglass: An easy-to-use device allowing you to delay signals for a configurable amount of time, send signals for a given length of time, or send signals that increase (or decrease) in strength over a period of time. Can be set up to repeat, allowing for a compact clock.
Remote Comparator: Reads from inventories like a redstone comparator but works on most inventories (not just vanilla chests and those few things mod developers thought to allow) and it needn't be placed next to the inventory (hence the "remote").
The highly customizable Greedy Chest: Take items from adjacent inventories. Has several modes, including: Split them as they come in (e.g. take, say, 40% of what is added to its neighbors), maintain stock at a given number, or keep the neighbor's stock at a certain number (by taking any excess).
A detailed item whitelist/blacklist system used by several different blocks.
The Avarice Pearl, which you can throw at stuff for some reason, and maybe something will happen.
Again, these are just some of the already-implemented features. I have plans for more in the future.
Tuhljin, Programming and Art
Special thanks and much credit go to Azanor.
The change log lists changes of particular note to users, not every change made.
- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.10 and Thaumcraft 4.2.
- Added the tally box, for more item-specific measurements of containers' contents.
- Waila: Golem HUD now shows which block the golem is linked to.
- New icon for Thaumonomicon tab.
- New textures for inversion torch (to match new order shard colors).
- Fixed a potential problem with the entity detector when many entities are around.
- Reduced the extra spawn rate of endermen that the shattered avarice pearl provides.
- Made enderman spawning from the shattered avarice pearl respect biomes' mob spawn lists.
- Recipe for shards now requires only 4 slivers and some additional vis.
- Fixed a formatting error in the chat message that is shown when the "Structured Avarice" research is found.
- Fixed a formatting/localization issue causing some entity names to be displayed incorrectly in the entity detection system's GUI.
- Added Ring of Ender Disjunction.
- Added new block and item to allow detection and counting of entities (animals, monsters, etc.).
- Added Crystalline Brain: Earth.
- Having a shattered avarice pearl in your inventory now makes enderman spawns more likely wherever skeletons, zombies, spiders, or creepers naturally spawn.
- Research progression hint made more blatant in Greedy Chest's Thaumonomicon entry.
- Made hungry/finical maw a little faster to remove with a pickaxe.
- Adjusted recipe for golem linking bell.
- Added the golemic inhibitor and golem linking bell.
- Added Crystalline Brain: Entropy.
- Added alternative recipes for Paving Stone of Travel and Paving Stone of Warding. (More uses for slivers of magic.)
- Fixed compatibility issue with the addon Forbidden Magic that prevented crafting of the hungry maw.
- Added the hungry maw and finical maw.
- Moved mod items/blocks to a new creative tab.
- You can now shift-click on a populated runic whitelist/blacklist to put it into or remove it from a slot in the relevant GUIs.
- You can now right-click with a populated runic whitelist/blacklist instead of a wand to open GUIs where those items can be inserted.
- Fixed a bug where mercurial redcrystal didn't send its signal through the mirror if it received redstone power immediately upon being placed.
- Fixed a crash on dedicated servers related to the configuration GUI of greedy and eager chests.
- Fixed a bug where redstone signals weren't properly sent by Vis Reader.
- Added resonating redcrystal.
- Added mercurial redcrystal.
- Fixed an issue where a linked Crystalline Eye could appear as "Unnamed".
- Fixed a crash related to dedicated servers.
- Fixed a crash that prevented play on dedicated servers.
- Added eager chest.
- Added Miser's Pearl.
- Added mercatus amalgam.
- Can now turn a runic blacklist into a runic whitelist and vice versa (substituting for the enchanted paper in the recipe).
- The avarice pearl now becomes a shattered avarice pearl (new item) when it breaks and can no longer drop an ender pearl.
- Updated avarice pearl's Thaumonomicon entry.
- Avarice pearl should no longer disappear once it makes impact if the player that threw it has disconnected from the server. It will instead teleport to the location where it was thrown.
- Avarice pearl is now usable in creative mode. (The item never leaves your inventory, though.)
- Fixed some issues where "Ignore Metadata" and "Ignore NBT" filter options weren't being respected.