The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Ever wanted more powerful and interesting enchantments? Look no further, this mod offers 12 new enchantments for armor and weapons. These enchantments can be applied from books or directly from the enchantment table on levels 27+.
Repel Darkness (helmet) - Makes wearer immune to blindness and gives them night vision.
Life Leech (sword) - For every 4 hearts of damage dealt, 1 heart is replenished
Corrupted Healing (armor) - For every piece of armor with this enchantment, half a heart is restored every 8 seconds. For every 2 hearts healed, half a hunger notch will be lost.
Withering Strike (sword) - Hits will inflict a wither effect for 10 seconds (doesn't stack durations; max is 10 seconds)
Undying Will (sword) - Player's health and damage per hit are inversely related; at full health will only do +1 heart of damage, but at half a heart, will do +10.5 hearts of damage.
Arrow Thieving (bow) - Kills with a bow with this enchantment will always drop extra arrows, depending on the enchantment level. Number dropped is at least the enchantment level and at most 2 more than that. For example, Arrow Thieving II will always drop at least 2 arrows and at most 4.
Thunderbolt (bow) - Lightning strikes and an explosion (that does not damage blocks, but WILL hurt the player) occurs at any mob the arrow hits.
Stormbringer (sword) - Any mobs hit by a weapon with this enchantment will be struck by lightning, but beware, it is easy for the player to get hit by the lightning as well.
Killing Blow (sword) - A sword with this enchantment will always one-hit an enemy with 8 hearts or less. Otherwise, the sword does normal damage.
Vitality (armor) - Gives the player +2 hearts max health per piece of armor with this enchantment.
Berserker (sword) - For every 5 consecutive hits, damage done will be multiplied by +50%. Hits reset after 5 seconds. Maximum multiplier is 4.0
Resourcefulness (armor) - Lethal damage is redirected to hunger, leaving the player at half a heart. For every piece of armor with the enchantment, efficiency increases. With one piece of armor, efficiency is 0% (damage is directly applied to hunger). With two, it's 10% (only 90% of damage is applied to hunger). With three, it's 25%, and with 4 it's 33%. This means with a full set of resourcefulness armor, the player has 10 hearts + effective hunger buffer of 15 more hearts for 25 hearts.
Notes before downloading:
1. Forge required!
2. *May* be incompatible with certain arrow mods.
3. This is a semi-WIP so I can't guarantee there won't be bugs or that I'll update it to 1.7 anytime soon. I salvaged the code from a larger mod that I never got around to completing but had finished the enchantments on. This is also my first mod so it's probably not terribly optimized or professional.
4. For SMP, you must download the server version or your server will crash on loading. Without adding the server version, the client will crash anytime an enchantment from the mod is applied.
5. If you get crashes (especially after updating), delete your old config and let a new one generate.
6. This mod pairs well with increased difficulty or boss mods such as Infernal Mobs or Deadly World because of the increased power of the enchantments (they may seem a tad OP in vanilla survival).
0.4.0 - Official release.
0.4.1 - Bug fixes (arrow thieving giving incorrect amount of arrows, repel darkness working incorrectly)
0.4.2 - New enchantment - Resourcefulness + bug fixes (corrupted healing; previously you could get negative hunger and it would still heal you. At 0 hunger now it simply does nothing.)
Upcoming features (no guarantees):
The main reason this stuff isn't in the mod already is because I'm still a beginner programmer and finished the easiest enchantments first
- Vile Efficiency - Breaks blocks 30% faster (stacks with normal efficiency) but has a 30% chance for a broken block not to drop anything
- Demonic Fortuity - +50% increase in block drops (applied only to Fortune blocks like ores, also stacks with Fortune) but all block xp is forgone (so you might get 4 coal from one ore but no xp)
- Dark Wisdom - 200% increase (triple) to xp from mining blocks but all drops are forgone (opposite of Demonic Fortuity)
Tweak to make thunderbolt's explosion radius depend on how long the shot was charged for.
Fix lightning not visually show up for thunderbolt. It's still there but you can't see it.
Even more enchantments:
- Quick Footed (boots) - Sprinting will not drain hunger at all.
- Cold-blooded (armor) - For every piece of armor with this enchantment the user wears, mob detection radius will be reduced by 4 blocks. A full set of armor will therefore make the user invisible to mobs.
- Fury (sword) - A sword with this enchantment can be swung twice as fast as normal.
Add a config folder if you can and I'm sold, as it conflicts with my other mods that add enchants. Also, some of those sound a little OP, but that's just me. Mainly being invisible to mobs and hunger not draining during sprinting. I'd change it to 1/2 or 2/3, but that's me.
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
The server doesn't have the GUI component for berserker. I haven't figured out why, but leaving it in causes the server to crash. One of many things I have to work out because I don't like maintaining two versions of the mod