OC (Ore Calculator) was thought of with the idea that the ore generation for one mod is fine, but for more then two mods the ore generation starts to not work as well. What makes OC special is that it does it's best at fixing the problem. OC goes and fines out how much ore there is being produced and sets up its own world generation and will change generation based on how much more is needed. Example the generation for one mod is different from two mods, and so on.
What is Implemented in OC.
*Green = Done
*Orange = WIP
*Red = Not started yet
*purple = Long Long time away until I deal with it.
Recipes for blocks
MetaData Blocks and Ingots
Temporarily world generation that you can change how much ores you want in your world though the configurations.
Backwards compatibility aka asks for a version and I'll try to code it for that version, but not for a very very long time, and yes that means more work for me but once I have the main code done the rest should be easy. no promises.
OC is very close to being finished and will soon be putting this out for public testing. Right now there is only personal testing since the forced API is giving me a headache. If you want to Try this mod as it is let me know and I will make this a public testing mod.
This mod will be kept very up-to-date. I have ore generation working in about a week. So far I have spent at least 200 hours on this mod and I don't plan to stop until this is done. I have also thought of streaming the Development on twitch. Very curious if you would like to see me to develop it.
1. you are free to use it in private packs.
2. you are not allowed to make money off my mod.
3. you are allowed to stream and youtube it as long as you post a link to this forum.
4. if you are going to add it to your mod pack make sure the mod pack is given away for free.
5. the only packs i do not want it to be in is Tekkit. if it is tekkit mod packs there will no longer be a free mod to download.