I'm looking for a mod that does the following things:
- Allows you to place custom schematics into a folder
- When the mod loads it will create items (can be a piece of paper with a name or a custom texture) for every schematic in your schematics folder.
- Once in a world you can grab that item (or, the way I'm planning to use it is as a craft-able item using minetweaker)
- When you right click on a block with the item in your hand the schematic will be placed.
I know some of these mods already exist but none of them create an 'item' that you can give to players as a reward for completing a quest for instance, which is what I would like to use it for.
If at all possible I would love a 'preview' of the schematic when you hold it, like how the schematica mod or the 'harvest festival' mod do it, but that's not really required.
It might be a bit tricky with the way 'missing' items are handled in forge but I hope that won't deter anybody from considering this
Some additional options/ideas but things I'm not looking for by default
- An option to (default set to false) implement the structures in your schematics folder into world gen
- An option to use any item of any mod as the item that will place down the schematic
- An 'Are you sure you want to place this down here?' Message & confirmation button
- An option (default set to false) to require the building materials needed for the structure in order to build it.
Does such a mod already exist for any of the 3 versions I list? I know about schematica, minecolonies & recurrent complex but they don't give you any option to place down structures when right clicking an item, or without the use of commands in survival