-chem mixer, it can combine 2 items via heat like your forge
-mortar stand /or grinder
-essence extractor. used to make essences consumible
-solidifier ,used for solidifying liquids
-vial set, like cauldron but for storing little quantities of chem
Your mod is the best. I love how you make everything balanced e.g. Keep the penalties for wearing heavy amour as opposed to light.
However there is one point that i think you could perhaps modify.
- In minecraft, time limitations on searching for resources are rarely present. Thus when you have the option between a sword which requires less resources and a broadsword which requires more but has greater damage + better blocks, you would 99% of the time make the broadsword regardless of its higher cost. Thus, perhaps could you make the the broadsword different in some way (also asgard shields have zed swords which are basically broadswords but better and the mod owner says hes making one for yours thus the problem is once again exemplified). Also splash potions of harming are overpowered (three potions and someones dead insofar as i understand), you need to fix this because it goes through armor and thus your dead in three hits. Overpowered.
However i love your mod and how you balance things so if you have a specific reason for doing this then thats fine. Though my mates have never once made a forged sword because they can make the broadsword.
Ok now to the idea i hope you will implement. You wrote that your making a mod with forest creatures that will give people a reason to hunt. Well thats a problem because food is unimportant to people because its so easily automated and once you get a farm you have enough food to last another 10 years. What i think you need to do is:
MAKE FOOD USEFUL! By that i mean give them a benefit for eating more or consuming different types of food. So far i have a couple ideas which you can choose from
1. Make food consumable even when your full but it adds nothing to the saturation. However it gives you small benefits which are by design meant to be long lasting e.g. A minor speed increase if eat apples that lasts for a day. If you eat a food with a different effect it replaces the last one.
1.5 If you eat more of this food the benefits increases exponentially i.e. If you eat and apple it gives you a 0.1 boost. If you eat another it gives you an additional 0.1 boost + 10% of the total boost (10% of 0.2 = 0.02) to give a grand total of 0.22 speed boost. Over time it would regress stages back i.e. from 5 apples boost to 4 after 3 minutes to 3 apples boost after 4 minutes etc. This bonus would have to cap off at x no. of apples to prevent abuse and/or you make it so that the higher the bonus is the faster the it regresses to the previosu stages as explained.
2. You have two additional idicators spaces (i beleive their called GUI) above your hunger bar, the first one open of food e.g. potatoe, carrot, wheat etc. After you eat 5 (just picking a no. here) carrots one of the spaces fills up and you get their corresponding bonus i.e. you can see invisible people (vitamen A gives better eyesight [i know it doesnt work like that]). Thats your favorite food. The second space is tehe general catergory of food that filled based upon what the favorite food was e.g. if the favorite food was porkchops then the second category would indicate meat or if it was carrot then the second would be legumes. Or if potatoes, or bread then it would be carbonhydrates (i cant think of a name). This would give you the general bonus for that group:
- For meat, extra hearts
- For carbs, additional hunger bars
- For vegetables, reduced negative effects e.g. poisen would last less longer
Well those are my thoughts, please read them and take them into consideration. I love your mod but these are several downfalls (most the fault of vanilla) that i think could change alot within the game and make it all the more fun.
well i was going to allow food to add special effects(things like regeneration) where each food applies an advantage
adding a new overlay to the ingame GUI is something i was looking into(but as you see the internet doesn't have these more advanced features in tutorials)
but altering the amount of hearts rendering couldn't be done(as, like all modders. don't edit anything in the base source)
Hey again. I noticed that splash potions are overpowered....really overpowered. They ignore armor. I was playing with my friend and he simply brewed some of these and bam my plate armor was completely and utterly wortheless. And then he stole them.
Is there a way you can may splash potions consider armor, not just for the plates but for everything? I mean its simply unbalanced.
Just one final point, i love the bombs, but isnt it odd you can throw them so far when you can barely throw a shruikain well enough. Is it possible to make it so that you can throw them so far (so people instead throw them off walls or from heights to get greater distance), possibly equivalent to dropping them, and instead make a block that you can place that shoots them further distancse. I guess what i really mean is:
Crossbowish things that you place.
They take a long time to break so you cant easily move them (to mount of your castle walls) therefore they are used more as a defensive weapon.
They require ammo: arrows, bombs, shruikains, which they fire longer distances and/or at a faster rate.
The one thing that herbalism would allow is witchcraft. Then you have your basis for mixing salves, tinctures and potions along with magic. Simple curatives, to curses and defensive magic, then could be implemented.
Armors could be given protective enchantment like they are now... Only against splash potions or "magic attack"? You could use hemp robes that negate larger portions of magical attack for the magic user.
Another thing that you might think on is the horror of illness in a village. Traveling "Witches" or "Herbalists" could then be forced to combat the "pox" or get it themselves. (Time till infection counter on the screen) Cures for Zombies now exist IE giving green squidward a golden apple.
well when it comes to protection robes would do that(probabally not armour... keeping it's rock,paper,scissors system to it)
a type of plague was going to be a high-level offensive ability but most certainly won't be curable by travelling witches
Yeah, i would be nice if you made an alternative to armor that works better against potions or herbalism. Oh, and about herbalism. If your get around do doing it, maybe make it like a plants that you cant farm but randomly spawn in the wild that people would find. Thus is becomes like a foraging thing, it gives people another reason to hunt. *cough*....food sucks.*cough*
Oh, and by the way, if i install other mods that have creatures that would normally drop leather. Would they drop hide instead? Is there way to make that so myself? Oh, and just a few questions for a simple peasent. Is it possible to change recipes for vanilla minecraft potions? Also if i want to get rid of the return home rune or the totem, is it possible for to delete some class for or something?
Thats cool. Sorry if im bugging you with these posts. I guess i really just enjoy this mod.
Just another quick point i need to make. The redpower 2 mod by elloram has an ore called silver as well. I posted before asking him to change it but he said he wanted to keep it that way. Its a small matter but it generates a bit of confusion amongst us. Is it possible to change the name of your silver ore to something else? Im willing to come up with a large list if brainstorming is just too tiresome. If you want to keep it silver thats fine, i guess its just one of those things in virtual life you must bear through.
I posted this in the original thread and I didn't know about this one, but here ya go: It would be cool if you could make plate with different materials (like instead of using hot steel on the side you could use other metals or diamond); if you could maybe dye armor or add a crest, customized banners, and shields (like a shield armor slot and you can't use 2h weapons with one like a greatsword).
well the plates(as said were going to be added) for dyeable armour, banners and shields. look at mine and blade or asgard shield. (there's going to be some mod conent shared between them)
and adding new slots doesn't seem feasable(it killed battlegear) but 2 handed weaponry was something i was going to consider when i added renderhooks support
I took a look at Mine and Blade, which is an awesome mod. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. I noticed he did say he would release some of the source code; do you think you will use that? I also looked at Asguard Shields but I wasn't a major fan of it.
Well, anyway, you are doing a good job on your own, do what you want to do!