I'm fairly new to mods so maybe I'm just overlooking one but I was surprised to find an apparent lack of mods for collectors/people who like to collect things.
Are there any mods that have a strong emphasis on achievements from building a collection of some sort?
I'm not too picky about what it is. Catch and collect types of passive mobs, defeat each type of hostile mob, etc. It's all good.
The only two I can think of is Butterfly Mania where you can collect and display each of 200+ butterflies and Pixelmon, a Pokemon-base mod. I think some of the magic-based mods encourage learning entire schools of spells which could be similar to what I'm looking for, but I'm not overly knowledgeable about those.
How important is it for the mod to track/reward the progress of collecting? After all, nearly any mod (or even Minecraft itself) can become a collecting game if you are your own scorekeeper.
I'm afraid I don't specifically know much about mods that directly keep track or offer achievements for collecting, since I usually play toward my own goals, but here are a few that have collecting as an important part of their gameplay:
- Thaumcraft makes you hunt for blocks, items, mobs, and world gen in order to gather magical knowledge and elemental essences in order to craft and unlock its capabilities.
- Actually I'm not 100% sure about this one, but from what I've read, ChromatiCraft also incorporates "searching and gathering" mechanics to progress.
- Forestry (and related add-on mods) has its infamous bees and tree species. A self-motivated collector would find plenty of content but I don't know if it has any integrated tracking/achievements.
- The old Equivalent Exchange 2 and its modern recreations, via the Energy Condenser, makes it important to keep a collection of "one of everything", not because of any specific goal but simply as a consequence of how the mod functions.
- There's a mod where you can find or mutate dinosaur DNA and hatch dinosaurs...forgot its name.
- ChocoCraft likewise has a discovery and breeding mechanic and a collection-worthy, very specific set of colored, rideable Chocobos.
- Magical Crops, again, through collection and progression will let you achieve a full set of its resource-producing plants.
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
DUDE!!!! Blast from the past!!! I forgot about the old EE2! God I remember how fun that used to be but I also remember I used to break it by making infinite generators and such. GOD I remember that being so fun but being boring fast.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Experienced modpack maker. PM if you would like help with making or troubleshooting a modpack.
To get the mobs, install the resource pack on the github, or use the Pokécube Mobs mod below.
Sounds, Textures and additional Pokemobs can be added by also using the following mod:
note that Pokécube Core requires
Ik that this post is old and it's 2019 now, but I reccomend Mynko (AKA Mine Co.) It contains hundreds of pop-figure-type collectibles that look like Youtubers and other famous Minecraft players that can be collected from killing mobs. There's diamond and gold versions of each one, too. When you kill a mob, there's a chance you'll get a pack of a certain series. Each series contains diff youtubers/characters that you can collect. You can open the pack and see what you get, then display it on any surface. Hope this helped! :>