I'm new to minecraft and I thought I'd try to install some mods for the first time. I installed Forge for 1.6.2 and it seemed to work. On the launcher I got the forge profile and I had "Mods" on my starting menu. But apparently a "mods" folder needed to appear in my ".minecraft" folder and it didn't. I created one just the same but when I put the .zip files of the mods in it nothing happens. When I open minecraft it tells me that I have 3 mods running but they all have "forge" in their names and the ones I try to install do not appear.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Maybe the forge profile your using isn't using .minecraft? To check: open minecraft (with forge) ----> Go to options -----> Resource Packs ------> Open resource pack folder ------> Go up a directory and you should see a mods folder. Put them all in there.
1. Make sure you are putting the mods in the location in the minecraft launcher:
= minecraft launcher
- Minecraft standard location:
2. Make sure all your mods are updated to 1.6.2
3. Don't use things like [email protected]#$^%^&*, Forge might have problems with it
4. Make sure the mods haven't got the mod in the zip
5. Make sure you have all the things the mod needs
Already checked the location in the launcher.
All the mods are for 1.6.2.
They don't have any of those symbols in the name.
I got the link for the mod on the forum and it said it was compatible with forge.
I tried downloading it again and downloading forge again and guess what - nothing!
And I'm not sure what you mean by "4. Make sure the mods haven't got the mod in the zip". Are you saying that they shouldn't be .zip files?