Okay people, I would just like to know some things.
1) What programs do I need to mod and make figures for mobs.
2)I never coded anything in my life and I don't get what I have to do. Can someone give me the basic idea of what I do?
3) Any good video tutorials?
I might sound harsh here, but I'm only being honest, so please take this into consideration.
1. You need Paint.NET or a similar image editor to do textures/skins for mobs. The 3D models themselves are written as coordinate code in Java.
2. If you've never done programming before, then Minecraft mods really aren't the place to start. Minecraft is not like other games where you can basically export your model into the game engine and the engine does all the work for you. In this game, everything is coded from scratch. Learn Java then come back. You'll have a much better time starting a successful project. Please understand that learning a programming language is not for the feint of heart; it takes months and sometimes years of learning and practice to get good results.
3. Google is your friend. But as I said, if you want to make mods, you need to learn Java first. Videos aren't gonna help much with code theory.
For changing textures/mobs/items I suggest paint.net or any image editor that can handle transparency (not paint). and for modding I suggest using MCP. The're plenty of good tutorials around that can get you started even if you don't know any Java (like me).
So programs to use
*Notepad++ (for editing the java)
If you need any more help, or don't understand something, just ask.
And as SineDeviance said, learning java is extremely helpful. Tutorials can only take you so far before you actually need to know something. Pick up a book on it (make sure it starts with the "hello world" program) and get to the reading.