Basically, I will review your modifications for no cost whatsoever, give you some constructive feedback about the modification, and otherwise tell users just how to use the mods and why they might want to use them. So this seems like a win-win situation between developers and actual game-players.
The first 2 are updated to 1.6.6, they work fine for me. And they DO use ModLoader... perhaps that was the problem?
How didn't they work exactly? Did you get any errors, or what...? Did the follow the instructions in the readme?
Hmm, your instructions tell me to place the class files in the jar, instructions for installing normal mods; whereas modloader mods are left in the zip and placed in .minecraft/mods , perhaps you should specify which installation type is required for your modifications.
I will try later to use them in modloader format and get back to you.
I'm not sure that's true for all ModLoader mods... it's not how I got my mods working, anyway. All the installation information is included in the readmes, if you followed that then I don't know why it wouldn't work; but if it really won't work, could you please be more specific about what the problem is? i.e. Does it get stuck on a loading screen, does it crash, etc?
I hope it works (especially after watching your "Barbed Wire" review, which I rather liked), and thanks for trying :smile.gif:
I am glad you liked my review on Barbed Wire Mod! Yes, I have tried your mods again and everything worked; with the exception of Battleaxes. They worked in the zip format (which most ModLoader mods are preferred to be used in.) It's just better for organization and everything.
Battleaxes threw an error, the video is in HD so you could just pause it and read the error off the screen :smile.gif:.
Hey, thanks a lot for reviewing my mods! Just a few comments:
Until today I had no idea ModLoader mods worked in a zip - I'll look into that for future releases. That could be why Battleaxes didn't work, as I'd never used it in a zip myself; I'll look into that, nonetheless.
Also, putting the files in a zip slightly broke Limitless Ores, resulting in the excessive mining time you encountered; the mod edits the ItemPickaxe class in order to ensure the blocks are mined at the normal rate, but because you loaded the files straight from a zip, I guess that particular class wasn't overwritten in the way that it should have been.
A little explanation regarding the 2 item IDs for Hedges: as you probably noticed, one has a grey icon. This is because leaves (and hedges) are coloured according to biome, but the original leaf icon is grey to allow for this colouring. To get around this, I used 2 blocks; one uses a custom green icon (this is the one that will always appear in your inventory if you're not using an inventory hacker), the other changes colour according to biome (this is the one seen when you place the block down). The two blocks are seamlessly swapped every time you place one down, or destroy one. So the grey block is sort of a "behind the scenes" block that wouldn't normally be noticed.
Alright, yeah; it seems to be something lots of people don't notice, that you can place mod files in zips and have ModLoader load them that way.
That explains the delay in mining, but I'm pretty sure you can do that in the mod as well, doesn't the block class allow for custom "strengths"?
And yeah, I figured as much for the Biomes; as I did say something about that in the video :smile.gif:.
You can change the strength of a block but that will affect the mining rate with any tool rather than with just a pickaxe. I also had to edit ItemPickaxe to add in special requirements, like to mine diamond source blocks you need at least an iron pickaxe. I believe someone has made a special mod, kind of like ModLoader, that allows you to do all this without editing the pickaxe class - that's something I'll look into in the future.
Also, I just realised that the other classes I edited probably didn't come into effect either - for instance, BlockOre has been edited to enable diamond blocks to drop more than 1 diamond at a time, and ChunkProviderGenerate has been edited to modify the spawn rates of various ores.
ChunkProviderGenerate collides with some other mods I have, I think it's Optimize that it collides with directly, but I'm not sure. I just did a test with it, and yea; it borks if I put your files in the jar alongside my currents mods.