Alright, so what I have done is I have made a mod block. When I place the block in the world it slays the zombies being the spike block that it is. It has a smaller bounding box than the traditional size block and everything. I'm running into the same problem though that I ran into creating my newest art project to where there are two transparent blocks. Now the spike block uses CUTOUT and the transparent ones render TRANSLUCENT.
Whenever I place either a transluscent or cutout type blocks that I have coded, what I am running into is that all blocks connected do not fully render. By placing my block it turns the connected blocks partially see through to where it removes all connected faces of the traditional block that is connected to the modded block. That being the problem that I am having, I figured I'd make a post on here about it since I can't find the answer anywhere and most likely it's something relatively simple.
So in order for the game to recognize the detail of the block I was specifying I had to refer to the actual state of the block although my code was correct.
So by applying the change the result being that my block that is transluscent or cutout renders where the connected blocks are rendered correctly otherwise resulting in the blocks connected having sides apparently missing.
So if it's public only () is alright, but if it's a public boolean then I have to refer to the state of the block itself.