1. Enter your MCP folder, whatever it may be called (if you downloaded forge source and ran the installer, it should be in the forge folder under 'mcp')
2. Run recompile.bat if you're using Windows, recompile.sh if you're using Mac or Linux
3. Run reobfuscate.bat if you're using Windows, reobfuscate.sh if you're using Mac or Linux
4. Make a folder and name it your mod's name (I typically use 'ModName_v1.0.0' to keep track of versions, so for example, Alchemine_v1.0.0)
5. Look in your mcp folder under reobf and open up the minecraft folder in there. It should have whatever you've named the mod (So, for me, under forge/mcp/reobf/minecraft, my folder says 'captainford'). Copy that and place it in your mod folder (So under Alchemine_v1.0.0, I have a folder named 'captainford')
6. This next step never seems to be outlined very clearly for 1.5 or 1.5.1, but it's very important to make your textures work. In your mcp folder, go into 'src', then 'minecraft' and look for a folder that says 'mods' (if you've been using new textures in Eclipse, you probably already know where this is, you might have even had to make it). Copy that 'mods' folder and place that folder alongside the folder from step 5 in your mods folder (so now, your folder should look something like 'Alchemine_v1.0.0' with two root folders 'captainford' and 'mods')
7. As your folder stands now, if you have Forge installed in Minecraft already, all you need to do to get it working is place that folder (Alchemine_v1.0.0) in your Vanilla Minecraft mods folder (whever you happen to have .minecraft) and it'll load when it runs.
If you want to know how to make the mod work as a .zip... well, you're better off asking someone else, because I'm still figuring that out myself. But if you don't mind releasing the mod and including extraction in the installion steps, by all means, feel free to!
Wow, this was amazing advice thank you so much guys! Just for this amazing advice I will review both of your mods and give you the pre-realese of mine. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been stuck on this one issue for about a month and you guys fixed it thanks so much!
There is one God. The creator of the heavens and the earth, who sent his son down to earth to save us... he loves you and he's pursuing you. Return to him.
...yeah, I'm one of THOSE guys.
"Some may say that you are a Christian because you were raised in a christian family, but even if my mother was a calculus teacher, no mater what she told me, two plus two would still equal four." - Dr. S. Jenkins
"I'm not a hater, I just know you're wrong. You need to realize that." - Unknown
Please don't PM me to ask for help or to join your mod development team. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future. I'm not interested in developing mods with people.