I would like announce the upcoming release of my 1.7.10 modpack - Progressive Survival!
*Note: This can be played in SSP, but for an optimized experience, play in SMP
Don't like digging straight down for diamonds, and beating the game in a couple of hours? Try this!
Progressive Survival is a new and upcoming 1.7.10 modpack about extending and enriching your Minecraft experience, by creating an advancement in technology - from basic stone tools, to complex multi-block machines, magic, and intricate, but rewarding automation. The multi-block structures/machines will require a significant investment to create, so you will feel accomplished with every one you build, and every milestone you achieve!
But beware! None of this is meant to come easy. The night is harsh, the weather doesn't always cooperate, and the farther you dig, the more dangerous the foes become.
You can find many materials that you'll need through exploring, fighting monsters, and scrapping armor and weapons you've found along the way, instead of mining for everything you need. There are plenty of structures to explore that you could even call home in your journey!
In this pack, you can:
- Become a mighty Warrior, dead-eye Archer, or spell-slinging Mage
- Learn to wield the power of Flora, discover the magical art of Witchcraft, or work miracles through Thaumaturgy
- Discover several ways to travel the land
- Learn to cook, farm, forge armor, weapons, and tools
- Brew ales, make juices and cheeses, grow your own grapes, apple trees and rice
- Explore several custom structures and dungeons, from small to large
- Discover new crops through crop mutation
- Complete up to 388 quests
- Explore the world and discover hidden treasure
- Fight up to 27 unique bosses and 6 mini-bosses
- Learn how to construct basic tools, and gather the resources necessary to survive
- Experience the inter-dimensional rift between the realms of Minecraftia - The Betweenlands
- Reap rewards through repeatable quests to hunt and kill
- Find hearts scattered throughout the underground to increase your maximum health
- Challenge yourself with 23 pages of optional Achievements to complete
- Revive creatures from the past and train them to be your loving (and dangerous) pets
- Create complex machines
- Explore shipwrecks for treasure
- Discover "The Collector" and see what he has to offer
- So much more to discover on your own!
To prevent unnecessary frustration, here's a few things to mention off the top:
- Several recipes (and some blocks, like the Vanilla Furnace) have been heavily modified, disabled, or completely removed. The new recipes should be available through NEI.
- If the recipe can't be found in NEI, but it's from MineFantasy II, chances are it's in the Research book from that mod.
- If a spell does not work, it has been deemed unfit for the pack, and was disabled intentionally.
- Your start in this pack will be rough. This is fully intentional as it is designed to be difficult. Enemies have been buffed. Some will spawn as "mini bosses" with names.
- Be creative. My intent was to attempt to make it "realistic", in such a way that the method used to obtain things should make sense. For example, sifting dirt, you may come across some small rocks.
- Going underground without armor will be punished.
- This pack includes Enchiridion. Please use the provided Wiki! (default: H) While it's not super in depth, it may provide answers to the more commonly asked questions. Feel free to let me know if you'd like to see any sections added.
- Technology is limited. Automation is achieved mainly through Flaxbeard's Steam Power or Immersive Engineering.
- Quest rewards are designed to give you a small boost. The higher the tier though, the better the reward.
I have worked on this pack very slowly, over several years by myself. I'm new to creating modpacks, and I'm sure I've missed several bugs/mod interactions since it's simply impossible for me to cover all of the scenarios myself.
Screenshots: (Please make requests for any screenshots you would like to see!)
Curse link will be posted when I have made a few last changes to the pack and it's ready for release. Stay tuned!
Note: Everything in the world should have some sort of use! If I missed something, please let me know!
Please let me know what you would like to see on the overview page and I will try to accommodate. I am still working on this, so keep checking back. Currently I am trying to transfer structure generation to Recurrent Complex and see if it will function with what is already set up. If not, no big deal, but that's what I'm spending my time on right now.