So as my previous post probably like 2 below this one mentions that I'm making a modpack and now waiting on 7 to reply.
What I was wondering is how I would upload the modpack. Would I copy and paste a config folder, and mod folder, and the folder for hats and then zip it? Is it as simple as technicpack.net makes it sound?
DISCLAIMER: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES I KNOW I REALLY WANT TO USE CURSE BUT THERE ARE SOME MODS THAT DON'T EXIST ON CURSE (yet) AND I GET IT I NEED PERMISSIONS FOR TECHNIC BUT NOT FOR CURSE. I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND, I AM UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGING TO CURSE! DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE MY DECISION!!-This minor annoyance came from the very discouraging people in r/feedthebeast. You can thank them for this message. I do not mean this in any harsh or rude way, but I don't want a repeat from what happened there.
You would create a duplicate of the mods folder, name it what you would like then compress into a zip folder then upload it to google drive and get a shareable link. From there you would create a thread and then post a description of the modpack and maybe a few photos then paste the download link.
Does it read a resourcepacks folder if I put one in there? Because Hardcore Ender Expansion has some music discs that I would like people to enjoy if they want to enjoy them. Also how would I work out the Hats mod? I have to have a folder for that in the .minecraft folder (or whatever the person's game directory is). What I'm assuming I'd do, is put the Hats folder in their, and next to it make a resourcepacks folder with the Hardcore Ender Expansion resource pack, but I'm not completely sure, which is why I'm asking you.
FYI the hats mod doesn't generate it on its own for some reason, so I had to get it off of it's github.
You will have to make 2 separate folders for resource packs and mods. The only thing you will need is the mods folder nothing else for the hats mod, those types of files will generate once the game is loading forge.
Ok. Well I found the instructions on technicpack.net, and for future people:
1. You create three folder, bin, config, and mods (and a fourth for resourcepacks if you have that).
2. If you have the hat mod for 1.7.10, there's no update that fixes the issue with generating the hat files so put it in with there too (I read up on the github and it said that when the site updated for the hat mod to download its files, it changed from http to https and is causing it to not download the files so you'll have to download them manually)
3. Get a forge installer, when the menu comes up for what you want to do with forge, choose the extract option, and then navigate to your bin folder. Once it extracted, then rename it to "modpack" (so if you had file extensions showing, it would show up as modpack.jar. DO NOT NAME IT modpack.jar otherwise it won't work because I failed at common sense).
5. Put all those folders into one zipped folder.
4. Upload your modpack to dropbox (yes, it has to be dropbox google drive won't work), and when putting the URL for the shareable link, replace the "www." with "dl." and get rid of the "s" in "https". copy and paste that link to make sure it immediately downloads when you paste it, and then paste it into the modpack location part.
Oh and don't forget the configs for your mods (not needed unless there's an ID conflict or something special that you want to chance the config to).