Wayward Soul is a version 1.12 modpack that is attempting to stay with a lighthearted and very core approach. The focus will be on keeping a general aestetic as well as enhancing gameply by making the player feel like the world they are in is powered with ancient and powerful magics. The intention is to get some kind of questing system in place (perhaps using the Achievement replacement). The modpack should meet high quality standards expected of Modpacks ensuring that player expirience is ranked first. The modpack should be kept up to date and also be visually appealing, the aeastic of the modpack should be concise and only mods which adhere to that aeastetic should be considered.
Technology should be secondary to magic in terms of the overall look and feel.The general feeling should be one of good versus evil. Minimal considerations for extreme difficulty or Player versus player have been considered.
The long and short of it is that I wanted a modpack that let me explore a few core mods that was still pretty to look at but didn't suffer from "Useless Stuff" syndrome (Something I find problematic about Biomes O' Plenty). I wanted every mod in the mod pack to matter in some small way, to have a fairly sizable impact. At this point, the only thing it's missing is an HQM Equivilant
I'm keeping my eyes on the covens project because I feel that pack would fit in right at home with the rest. In addition to this is HQM is ever ready to come back out of Alpha it (or a suitable replacement) is also a key sort of implementation, or you know if Thaumcraft ever drops, but I think those 3 would be the extent of the additions to the core mods. [Or growthcraft... maybe]
I didn't want this pack to be nearly as difficult as my Tame the World Pack, and so it's difficulty curve is more relaxed. Horrible abominations will not come from beyond the world to murderlate you, but at the same time Embers, Enderzoo, and Abysalcraft should still keep you awake.
Also for the love of all that is holy, trying to keep one and only one kind of ore in the world. There is nothing that drives my OCD up a wall faster then 13 different kinds of lead ore.
- Shoggoths are no longer allowed to spawn outside of their little lairs
- Told immersive egineering excavators not to mine up immersive engineering ores because I think they're ugly
- Turned Harvestcraft bee's back on
- Told Chisel to turn off it's overwold Basalt Generation
- Turned Waystone XP requirement back on
- Blood Magic
- Nature's compass
- Thaumic JEI
Thaumic JEI seems obvious in retrospect
-Cooking for Blockheads
-Foamfix (now Lawful)
-Ice and Fire
Ice and Fire / LLibrary were both demonstrating unwanted behaviors, in addition while they added fauna to the game, they didn't integrate as well as I would have ilked with the overall nature of the game.
-Fixed a key quest to allow players to progress through the main quest chain
-Added a number of other quest in a new chapter called advance, to help walk the players through growing netherwart, chest, and the like.
- The rustic bees now have a southern twang to them to make them easier to identify
- Added Basalt variations to Chisel so you can switch back and forth if you so deisre.
Forge updated to 18.104.22.16855 Config Changes
- Lowered Overall Fire / Ice structuer spawn chance
- Made the world more resilliant to Shoggoth's
- Made Ooze a little less tainty
- Turned off Dynamic Surroundings overlays, more overlays does it better
- Made Infernal Mobs slightly less annoying
- turned off bee generation on the Pam's side
- Told Battletowers to cool it out on generation of structures
- Player now starts with a simple quest book
Updated All mods to their most recent builds
Mods Added Core
- Thaumcraft 6 [Because DUH]
- Resurect Complex
- Cooking for Blockheads
- Pam's Harvestcraft
- Ice and Fire
- Infernal Mobs
- Mouse Tweaks
- RPG Hud
- Better Questing
- Standard Expansion
- Better Questing - Quest Book
- Wizardry (Feels incomplete)
- AppleCore (Would only be needed if I wanted to futz with food values and I don't)
- Malisis Core
- Malisis Door
- Malisis Blocks
- Openblocks Elevator
- Simple Camp Fire
By making use of Better questing the first chapter for the modpack has been added including almost 40 quest to help the player on the path to exploring all of the game's core mods. Wayward Soul Version 0.0.2
Version Set to 1.12.2
Forge Version Set to 1.12.2-22.214.171.12474 [Blame Astral Sorcery]
Chisel had it's marble creating privileges revoked.
Enderzoo (Was causing Server side crashes)
Custom main Menu
Wayward Soul Version 0.0.1
Decerased Abysall craft biome Creation from 5 in 100 to 2 in 100
Prevented Immersive engineering from spawning ore that Embers spawns