Welcome to Mine and Slash, a mod that changes minecraft into a hack and slash loot hunter!
This mod completely changes the combat and gear progression of minecraft, for better or worse, depending on your preferences, so i'll lay it out nice and clear what this mod does so you can make sure you want it or not.
First, the intent. The intent is to make Loot (mob drops) the primary way to obtain gear and to provide satisfying highly randomized loot drops and an in-depth player stat system that allows you to specialize and min max your character.
Secondary intent is to provide long term progression.
What This Mod Does:
- All living things are given levels. The level is determined by distance from spawn. This means if you want to explore further, you'll want to level up so you can beat the tougher mobs!
- Minecraft doesn't allow more than 1000 something health so this mod stores the health value, this means mods that show mob health aren't useful, that's why i remodeled vazkii's Neat (health bar) mod to show actual health values and some useful mob traits (like a mob that does bonus lightning damage).
- Adding to that, this mod completely overrides most health and damage mechanics. This means if you get health from other sources besides this mod, it will be for nothing. Same with damage and armor. Only weapons and armors from this mod provide useful benefits. Though some vanilla things are still useful, like fire unbreaking, water affinity etc. So don't think crafting a diamond sword is a good idea, it isn't! A diamond sword does similar damage as a fist, because only things from my mod count.
- To get any loot from my mod, you must deal the finishing blow to the mob, this is because i don't think a level 50 player slaughtering lvl 1 mobs should be rewarded.
- Mobs recieve waaaay less enviromental damage, this is to prevent lvl 1 players cheezing lvl 50 mobs. It's still possible but you probably don't want to do it, after all level 50 gear is not usable until you're level 50
- Player attacks require energy, spells require mana. Learn to kite mobs and not waste mana.
- Adventure maps! These are randomly generated items with random affixes that create worlds(dimensions) where you can fight stronger mobs and get unique items as rewards!
- Hugely complicated gear system, all gears have primary stats and secondary stats, some have prefixes and suffixes! Primary stats give the most important things, like basic attack damage, elemental damage or health. Secondary stats, suffixes and prefixes usually multiply those primary stats or give new ones. There are also unique stats that don't have primary or secondary stats but they have unique stats, game changing, build defining stats.
- Currently 8 gear slots (feet, legs, chest, head, 2 rings, necklace, bracelet) - supported by baubles mod
- Many many stats, you have health, mana, energy, hp regen, mana regen, energy regen, fire damage, bonus water damage, critical hit, critical damage, lifesteal, life on hit, dodge.. Then you have traits, stats that you can only use 1 of, like Frost Atronach that multiplies all your spell frost damage by 15% or Lucky that multiplies your crit chance and so on.
- Spells! Fire bolts, Thunder Explosions, Instant heals.. You have a way to fight back against those op mobs!
- In depth crafting system, kinda like Path of Exile, you have nearly 10 rare items that can be used to modify your gear. Anything from re-rolling a suffix or leveling the item. You are able to beat the randomness with smart usage of crafting items.
- Configurable progression, default max level is 100, but you can set it higher or lower depending on your preferences.
- Bags! Currently a loot bag and a currnecy bag, no clutter! All drops from my mod go into these loot bags!
And blocks which i call stations!
- Salvage station, throw gear or spells (from my mod) in this, this block destroys them and gives you resources and sometimes even rare currency!
- Repair station, the only way to repair the gear items, use my mod's ores to fuel the station.
- Modify station, combine a piece of gear with a currency item in this block and it will change the item.
- Gear crafting station, sacrifice a piece of gear and some fuel (my mod's ores) to create a new piece of gear. This is a resource sink that allows rich players to pour resources into trying to get better gear.
* new items, Automatic Salvaging Bags! Put in your baubles slot and
never have to worry about trash loot ever again! (items, maps, spells)
Crafted by combining a furnace and a capacitor.
* capacitors are now much easier to make! Though i reduced maximum possible repair cost decrease from 0.25 to 0.5.
* fixed bugs related to the ender dragon. All attacks should work on him now!
* unique items are now restricted to 3 per player (weapon doesn't count) (configurable)
* new types of items, Runed items! These are items with very few stats
but have rune slots! Runed items are restricted to 3 per player.
* new type of items, runes! Runes can be inserted into
runed items and make runewords! Each rune increases stats but a
runeword does much more!
* new spell type, bombs! They stay on the ground and explode after a few seconds, but deal more damage!
* new item type, awaken runeword! These items awaken dormant runewords on an item!
* runewords! by combining runes and awakening the runeword with the
awaken runeword item, you unlock exclusive stats like ones that increase
power of certain spells or alter their mechanics!
* lower rarity items now drop with more durability, should ease new player gear problems a lot
* new spell, regenerate!
* fixed bug where it was possible to attack dead entities, leading to
massive energy loss of people who click fast.. that sure explains how
energy always felt lacking
* if level up token requirement is on, the cost now increases much slower, it's 1 token per 10 levels now.
* natural regen now off by default (configurable). reason is that it
consumes TOO MUCH hunger and my mod already has a hp regen stat
* starter gear is now heal instead of fireball
* leftover exp now transfers over level ups
* legendary and mythical mobs have less dmg now
This update contains more than a month of changes, improvements and additions because i started updating to 1.13/1.14 and then kept working on it. I couldn't release it as my dependancies didn't update so i had to wait.
* dimension configs are now in config/Mine_And_Slash folder. That means they are infinite and not stuck at 10 dimensions.
* fixed gear factory eating capacitors
* removed some guis that relied on an outdated gui library (player stats, map stats, map drops)
* removed feature and config option for item rarity particles for items on ground
* new item, hearthstone!
* fixed orb of transmutation bug
* bows now fire 1 arrow but that arrow does double damage (this makes compatible bow items actually equal)
* compatible items are now in mineandslash/compatible_items folder and all files with matching json are now loaded. This means you can make separate files for each mod, organize it better and even share with the community much more easily!
* i also welcome anyone to make compatible item files for certain mods, i could include these in my mod for automatic support. Of course the catch is it needs to be balanced good. Which at the very least assumes the player can't create infinite resources by salvaging wooden swords.
Of course some things are impossible to prevent, like players who use project E. Perfect balance in modding is of course impossible.
* added core stats like strength, dex, int etc
* added bonus exp stat
* runeword traits can no longer be gotten on chaos stats (this was an oversight)
* added major arcana tarot cards as chaos stats!
* removed weapon stats, i feel they are boring and the tooltips are too big on weapons
* added description of weapon abilities (like you now know that axe has a double attack)
* added consumable items, potions that restore mana, give buffs etc
* added attack cooldown for attacks and spells! (configurable) but i feel it will be a lot less wonky as no more machine gun spells etc.
* added spell damage stat and many affixes for it
* fixed unique item names not being localized properly unless on tooltips
* overhauled affix system! Now some affixes may only appear on say a Ring but not on a necklace. Others might appear after level 20 while others might only appear on unique items!
* overhauled set system the same way
* new gear type, torch! provides regens and has a special ability that restores resources at the cost of applying some debuffs
* all stats now have built in descriptions! Don't know what it does? click [Alt] and it show you! Say goodbye to reading tutorials!
* overhauled stat calculation! Stat calculation now happens much less often, which should lead to less lag when attacking mobs or being attacked. I don't think there was any lag before but
i can't be sure. Now gear is calculated only when an armor or weapon piece changes, like if you swap your hotbar slot or change armor. Exception is every 5 seconds players get forcefully
recalculated stats just in case. (and because the addon that provides slots for rings and such don't send the update that the piece changed). Stat calc was a problem because it did it on every attack.
And if you had 4 different kinds of elemental damage and attacked with an axe.. That's 10 attacks at once. Yes, they all recalculated stats. Not anymore!
* added uniques to my API. you can now add uniques too!
* baubles is now no longer the jewerly dependency, it's now curios api! Curios allows me to make as many slots as i want!
* added many new sets! Sets now have minimum and maximum levels, so as you level you will start seeing different and better sets!
* more options for compatible items now!
* bows now use arrows as normal!
* unique items now show what tier they are, making it easier to know what map you need to grind to get more of them
* axes and such weapons no longer attack twice, now their damage is increased instead (less dmg numbers!)
* added bonus loot drop stats (many variations)
* added all attribute stat
* stats now calculate as soon as you change gears, feels a lot neater.
* i made many things automatically localizable, so the lang file should be prettier and more organized now! This also means i'll allow more things to be translated as it's easier now.
* remade my stat system, should be easier to add new stats, especially elemental ones or ones with lots of variations! (this could break some past gears but i tried to avoid it, report if something is broken!)
* shields are now a lot smaller so you can actually see when wielding them!
* added some unique shields
* some uniques can now have sets. Most will also have their own exclusive sets and a rare chance to get other sets.
* remodeled the player stats Gui! (press P). Now stats are divided in rows and hopefully easy to understand icons will help. Some stats also don't appear as they only influence other stats, so it's not needed.
And there's too many stats to list them all.. There's at least 50 traits. plus 25 conversion and transfers, so i assume you don't want to scroll those!
* added commands /givestat /removestat so you can add custom stats with custom identifiers, this way you can have an achievement like "complete x dungeon" in your mod and give "x_dun_completed" stat to a player.
* bomb spells now have gravity and higher explosion radius, they also detonate faster
* there's now base spell damage for players, a bit higher early on so low lvl spells are a bit more effective
* currencies now show tier and rarity on their tooltips
* added config option for starter items
* stations now have shift click functionality! This was actually really hard to do.
* added more really rare currencies
* should fix mobs not spawning in maps sometimes
* maps now have structures! For now there's not much but there's small decorations, treasures and 2 bigger structures, a tower house and a floating island which is more rare. If nothing goes wrong i should be adding more and more world gen to maps, hopefully making it more interesting.
* the structures in maps automatically transform into the biome of the map they're in. So the nether biome the structures are made of nether bricks while in the swamp they're made of prismarine. You'll see.
* maps are now night only and there's no special mob spawning rules, so it's same as vanilla for now. ( i want to add special events later on but that idea is still wip)
* mobs are no longer immune to sunlight as maps are now always night. (there's mods that configure this if u want to keep the sunlight resistance)
* nerfed bonus salvage chance for auto salvage bags
* you can't die in maps anymore. Deaths in maps are prevented and you're teleported out with a time penalty. in perma death maps it's game over for that map though.
* maps now drop from lvl 10 (old was 15)
* added master bag! crafted by all the other bags combined, has storage of all types of items for my mod (or most at least) could be buggy, especially on servers so be careful
[PLEASE REPORT BUGS AND BALANCE ISUSES, I WILL BE HERE TO QUICKLY SOLVE THEM BECAUSE I EXPECT A LOT OF THEM]
buffed spells more
staff now casts faster projectiles
nerfed auto salvage bag
stat reroll currency now rarer
nether map drops nerfed
a forge bug made hp/mana/energy regen happen 2 TIMES FASTER, so players were a bit overpowered. I feel 2 times slower would be too much so..
* total ene from 100 to 150
* total mana from 50 to 75
* base ene regen 5 to 6
(these require server config file reset/adjust)
bolt spells cast speed is twice faster now
nerfed salvaging a bit (i ended up having way too many ores in my playthrough)
fix stone of hope not working
buffed spell dmg
nerfed mob hp in some maps
nerfed leg and mythic mob hp
fix chaos stats tooltip
fix map stats dont applying to players
tweak loot egg drop location
fix ghost runeword duplicate rune
try fix server crash on player death in map
fixed thundering affix giving flat dmg instead of percent
fixed render bar performance being slow
small perf tweaks
added config to not reset map dimensions on load (servers might want to use this)
fixed map data not saving resulting in infinite map time if you reload game.
attempt to fix dying twice in maps
fix runes not being inserable into modify station
increased base spell dmg a bit
fixed runed gear tooltips
fixed tower structure ladders
fixed some tooltip errors
new icons made by Matpac added!
fixed server crash
added a few basic advancements to serve as a guide
swords and hammers got a graphic overhaul, also ores