i have a amazing idea for this amazing mod in the future it involves SCP-096 my idea is you can make a picture of 096's face and whenever the player looks at it in there inventory and SCP-096 will be alarmed and kill the player, just a idea though
Amazing stuff, I'm super excited to watch progress with this mod go ahead. I don't have any clue how to install mods nowadays plus I have to do other things atm so I'll delve into this later, but a couple of thoughts/questions I had when reading through some of this stuff:
1. Does the tothbrush mine through leaves, grass, and other biological blocks? This shouldn't be the case if it is, as you may notice in the actual wiki, it only destroys non-biological material, which is why the tothbrush is so amazing.
2. Red Ice should kill/spread much quicker. Maybe not so quick it lags the game, but faster than normal ice for sure. It should also give you more of a red ice debuff than just acting like a magma block, as if you touch it once, you would surely die.
3. SCP-087-1 seemed very weak in the video, and dropped a lot of experience. I think he should be a lot stronger and the loot should be of higher value as well.
4. The vending machine should dispense some custom items that intensify in bizarreness each time you spend gold.
5. I think that a recontainment gamemode / function would be really interesting. You could perhaps get a quest from somewhere, then you'd have to go out and contain an SCP. Just a thought though, where you are headed with the mod is already really awesome!
I adore what you guys are doing, please keep it up, also, don't take my requests too seriously, some of them are very minor nitpicks, and obviously I haven't even played the mod yet and so some things might not even be true. I also love your balance of the mainstream SCPs and the ones that usually don't get talked about in major games. I personally hadn't heard of SCP-261, and it's actually a really cool SCP, it is now one of my favourite SCPs.
Also, this new and exciting update which contains 096, are we also going to be seeing other SCPs as well as 096, as well as 1.13 support?
So I installed the mod and have been doing a tiny bit of building. Here's the current non-completed above ground area.
Entrance and rest of site
Tower adjacent to gate interior, ground floor
Same tower, floor 2 - Armory
Closer look at the lockers in the armory.
View of site from inside tower. (torches is because I accidentally let it snow)
Inside entrance to "carpark"
Closer look at gate and elevator
State of current "carpark"
And that's about all I've done. Faced a couple of problems when building though.
First of all, gas masks, night vision goggles and SCP-178 all face south on an armour stand, no matter what way they face, while the arrowproof vest is around its waist, and the hazmat suit doesn't show up at all. I wanted to have some armour stands inside the armory with some MTF armour or something, but because of these glitches, it's just simply not worth doing it.
I did actually have armour stands there, but I had to get rid of them when I accidentally put on 178 instead of putting it on an armour stand, and so spawned a bunch of laceration ghosts. There seems to be no way to get rid of them all, excepting taking screenshots of them all and killing them by memory, or /kill @e[type=!player], which of course also kills all chairs, armour stands, pets, minecarts and etc in the world. I tried looking it up in the .lang file, but spec_ghost doesn't work. So I don't know what the actual ID for the Laceration Ghosts are, but without that they are impossible to get rid of. Please make them despawn when you die or etc. Doesn't make sense that they'd linger around after you've taken the glasses off / died.
Last thing is that Builder Bear is also pretty hard to kill. The only way I could figure out was to set him on fire so he actually takes damage. Make him still teleport away but make sure we can actually kill him properly as well, maybe with some item.
Thanks, I'll post more updates on the building when I do some more work on it. Keep on working hard, I'm super hyped for 002, 096, 106 and 860!
ATTENTION, this review potentially contains spoilers! do not click if you have not yet tested the mod
I will already start with the positive points of the mod in its current state
- many blocks
- a lot of SCP in its current state
- Very nice prebuilt containment room
- Many items
- LAN compatible
- (Multiplayer compatible I don't know if it is)
- Beautiful models and textures that go well with minecraft
- the instances of 049 and 008 have the skin of the player who was killed
- The negative points (remember that this is the 1st version of the mod so don't take this into account in the long term, these criticisms will help this mod to grow) and also take into account that some are personal remarks
- a lack of sound (for doors, some SCPs and more...) it affects the atmosphere of the mod
- sometimes SCP-173 doesn't follow you once you lose sight
- SCP-173 is a little slow, because if you stick to the SCP document, SCP-173 can travel 20 meters in 1 second (but for the need of the mod, a doubled speed would be fine)
- SCP-173 is a little too big, which causes problems to pass through the doors (even if the large containment door is planned)
- Some SCP labels are missing. (like the one of 1025, 860, 1499 but I don't forget that this mod is still under development and that having already developed it is quite normal)
- SCP-330 kills instead of cutting off hands
(This opinion is personal)
SCP-914 is a little too fast on its process and we don't have the sound of the gears that makes its little charm
- SCP-914 does not work very well
- SCP-294 is not too OP, but nice:)
- SCP-087 is a little passive
- SCP-178 has no HUD
- SCP-1048 seems to do nothing
- SCP-106 cannot climb stairs or change coordinates Y
There are a lot of negative elements, but in itself it's just the weak points I noticed, but remember that this mod is under construction
now here are some proposals or questions
- Will SCP 106 have a pocket size and chase music (Bump in the night)?
- Is it possible to add the large containment door (as on the mod presentation) and buttons for the doors without the need for cards?
- Will there be any background or SCP sounds added later?
- What are the future S.C.P. planned?
- N.p.c. of the S.C.P. universe? (class D, MTF, scp guard...)?
- Will it be possible to have SCP-008 as a gas (as in SCP:CB)?
- Will SCP-173 be able to TP over very short distances?
and finally, I wanted to ask if it was possible to have more stairs?
Here's all I thought of this wonderful mod, we just need to be more patient
when 096 , 860 1499 and sounds will be finished, i will try to make a SCP map
to give version 1.3 a score of 16/20! (very nice mod)