After a long few years of college (and graduations!) I finally found some time to update Afraid of the Dark to 1.12.
This update is a full re-write, and will be mostly the same as the old version mechanically but there are some big changes.
Changes coming soon:
1. Since the MC forum is becoming read-only I'll move development of this mod to curse instead. Unfortunately the account used to make the afraid of the dark post there is bugged out (look at the username) so I will be making a new post for AOTD 1.12.
2. All the code for AOTD has been re-written line by line and documented to try and make things easier to understand and update in the future. Due to this a lot of internals have changed resulting in old bugs being fixed (but also new bugs coming along most likely).
3. I revamped the terrain generation to generate structures chunk by chunk instead of all at once, reducing the number of client freezes while walking around and finding huge structures. Structures are also generated one chunk per game tick allowing the server to breath when generating large structures. This new structure system also allows you to locate the nearest generated structure of a type using the command "aotd dungeon list".
4. The Vitae system has been removed while I think of a better way to create/distribute/store/manipulate Vitae. The old system was kind of strange (what even were Deeeee Syfts???). Does anyone have any ideas for this?
5. A spell system beta has been introduced which is functional, but does not yet have a progression system and is somewhat limited. I want this spell system to tie in with Vitae, and that's why I haven't included all the Vitae items yet. You can explore it though after you "finish" the mod which is achieved by unlocking the last research "enaria's secrets".
6. Many of the user interfaces have seen some sort of improvements, like the cheat sheet actually shows you all the researches which you can click to unlock instead of unlocking all researches at once.
7. The schematics have all been overhauled to support MC 1.12 which took a lot of time, but making new schematics should be much easier now for world generation.
Lets see if anyone still wants to play this :), I'll be posting the mod once I do a quick test play-through with a couple of friends to ensure there aren't any major bugs.