-in addition to not growing grass back, the soil blocks also don’t allow for modded saplings and flowers to be placed or generated on. also i’m not sure about this but i think sheep don’t grow back their wool with these soils.
Thanks for reporting those bugs!
Yes grass doesn't grow back.This is an embarassing bug. I seem to have broke it just before release. Strange that nobody have reported that earlier. When it comes to the sheep I thought it sounded strange but after playing Minecraft for 100s of hours myself over the past 8 years or so I never knew that sheeps regrows wool after eating grass. I knew they did eat grass but not it was part of the regrow process. Anywho.... I have fixed both this issues. The second one tricky since it's hardcoded but with help of ASMTransformations I have fixed it (ugly but the only way).
If other mods can't place sapling and flowers is probably because they check if the block is the vanilla grassblock instead of using the proper way of calling canSustainPlant method on the block.
-sometimes using the smeltery will crash the game. i noticed this happening when shift-clicking on it mostly. keep in mind that i play in a multiplayer server with many other mods too, though
If you can get hold of a crashlog that would be great.
-i’m not sure if it was in the wiki or in the SGU site, but i’ve read that you can craft the books (like the BIF info book for example), but you can’t, at least in 1.12. i don’t know if this is intentional or not, because sometimes the books drop from mobs etc.
Recipies missing and will be added.
-you can’t craft blocks such as aquamarine block, feldspar block, etc
Recipies missing and will be added.
-you can’t craft TNT with the bettergeo sand
Seems like the recipie doesn't have support for Oredictionary where we register our sand to be "sand". I have added the recipie manually now which isn't the prefered way of do it since there is now two TNT recipies in the game. At least it will make it possible craft TNT.
(also please make sandstone, granite and gneiss break faster ): )
The blocks hardness are balanced between eachother with input from an geologist based on how hard a stone of this type would be to break in real life with a sledgehammer combined with Mohs scale for minerals.
All of the bugfixes above will be pushed in a new release together with a few new language translations from the EDU-project. Can't say a date yet but within a month or two.
Really loving this mod, I love fossicking and collecting minerals in real life. This mod adds that "mining" realism that minecraft failed to develop. The subtle changes to the landscape is great. The education aspect is fantastic too, are there other similar mods that work well with this one?
Couple of ideas:
- for collectors more displayable specimens rare to find, maybe tradeable to villagers for high emerald values.
- water erosion extended from limestone to soils (maybe rare geode drops, fulgerites from where lightning strikes maybe) and sandstone (drop sand). maybe incorporating improved river generation and waterflow so erosion can create realistic gullies and canyons. maybe extended with storms where heavy rain can create new source waterblocks to start the erosion process.
Couple of bugs:
- sheep dont seem to graze to regain wool. breeding wool-less sheep produces baby sheep without wool too.
- actual dirt blocks are very rare and when placed dont seem to gain grass, i dont have silk touch so cant yet try dirt with grass blocks.
- gemstones like aquamarine don't combine into blocks as indicated in wiki, maybe removed from mod.
Mostly I hope to see further updates and thank you so much for the mod as it stands already
I will forward your suggestings to the PM of the BetterGeo project
Sheep bug has been fixed and will be included in an upcoming release.
Dirt blocks should actually not be found anywhere since we replaced dirt with normal, blocky, clay till/moraine. So the bug is actually that you managed to find them
Gemstone blocks recipies missing and will also be included in the upcoming release.