This is my first mod ever, so if there are any errors in this post, please let me know! Also suggestions to help make this mod a better mod would be appreciated!!!
There was an old thread for this exact mod, but it would've been stupid of me to bring it back to life! So I made a new thread!
This is the Salt Mod!!! I made this mod because I had made a thread last year thinking that salt would be a good addition to Minecraft. Recently, I made this mod and now am releasing to the public! I have made a video which should explain all of it! Anything I missed I will add in later updates! All of the info is down below!
Salt Mod V188.8.131.52
Minecraft 1.7.10 is required!
Recommended Forge 1180!
1. Make sure to have 1.7.10and the latest MC Forge!
2. Place SaltModVERSION.zip (or jar) in /.minecraft/mods/
Salt Block, soon to be found underground around bedrock (will be added later) and on lake and sea floors (also will be added later).
Salt is the mineral that is based on this mod. Can be used on food.
Increases hunger bar by 5 and keeps hunger bar from decreasing longer than regular pork.
(Same with Raw Pork)
Increases hunger bar by 5 and keeps hunger bar from decreasing longer than regular steak.
(Same with Raw Beef)
Increases hunger bar by 4 and keeps hunger bar from decreasing longer than regular chicken.
(Same with raw chicken)
Salted Fish (Fresh Flesh is same):
Increases hunger bar by 3 and keeps hunger bar from decreasing longer than regular fish.
(same with raw fish)
Raw Sushi (EXCLUSIVE):
Increases hunger bar by 3 and keeps hunger bar decreasing as long as raw fish.
(Same with cooked sushi)
Smelting Salt Ore:
Salt Ore is an ore that can be smelted if Silk Touch pickaxe is used and drops around 5 salt when mined regularly. The ore can be found around level 56.
Pic coming soon!
x = Salt Block
y = Furnace
(BTW, it comes in portions of 4 when you smelt a salt ore.)
Getting Salt via Salt Extractor:
KNOWN BUG: The bucket isn't returned when salt is extracted, so be careful!
- Salted foods now have blue text (fixed bug)
- Raw fish (salted) texture (fixed bug)
- 1.7.10 Compatibility
- ISSUE: Salt Shaker and Salt Packets do not lose damage (disappear among crafting)!
- Lots of rewrites due to forge changes!
- 1.6.2 Compatibility!
- Salt Shaker added!
- Salt and Empty Packets!
- Bug Fixes!
- Raw Salted Foods added!
- Fresh Flesh and Cooked Sushi!
- Bug fixes!
- Salt Extractor has been added (use fuel and water)!
- Proxies added for Server support!
- mcmod.info fixed up!
- Bug Fixes!
-Official Public Release
- [DONE!] Fix up mcmod.info with picture for when viewed on "Mods" list on MC Title.
- Salt Block will become line right above bedrock. Generates line of salt and maybe salt domes in some chunks.
- Salt Block will be added on lakes, rivers, and sea floors.
- [DONE!] A machine (kinda like a pool-furnace with GUI) that filters salt from sea water. (Thanks for the idea MrPonyCaptain! Also Ansimeta for giving a little help on a better way to do it!)
- Add Salt Extractor crafting recipe.
- Add salted raw foods with recipes. (Thanks for the idea Cloneman1138!)