This is a mod I made for Wreckage. It's supposed to be a toolkit for map/dungeon creators. The goal here is to provide a easy to use but powerful kit to make maps and dungeons more interesting and fun. Note: This mod is designed to be used for custom maps so the blocks are only accessable in creative (both the GUI and the block itself). I will now list the features. For details and screenshots scrolldown to the Documentation.
A redstone controlled Spawner for vanilla and mod mobs.
An Entity Detector which can also differ between survival and creative Players.
A Chat Detector for passwords etc.
A highly configureable Particle Emitter.
An advanced version of the vanilla Dispenser.
An Antispawner to prevent mob spawning.
Placer and Destroyer for placing and removing blocks automatically. Now with fade functionality
A machine which causes Earthquakes in a defined area.
Charms to prevent item loose upon death.
A new enchantment called soulbound which will make the enchanted item return upon death.
- Version 2.1.1
Fixed: Server trying to find a client class
- Version 2.1.0 Added: Render Distance Slider to the Particle Emitter Fixed: Destroyer not updating adjacent blocks when destroying
- Version 2.0.0 Ported DungeonTools to 1.7.10 no changes
- Version 1.8.2 Added: Fade functionality to the Placer and Destroyer Changed: the offset function of the Placer and Destroyer so that they can now influence sections Changed: increased the size of the Placer Gui
- Version 1.8.1 Fixed: Crash when using a empty placer
- Version 1.8.0 Added: Placer Added: Earthquaker Changed: Destroyer range to 32
- Version 1.7.3 Changed: Soulbound now has a weight of 1
- Version 1.7.2 Fixed: Chat- and Entity Detector are now solid
- Version 1.7.1 Added: Stackbutton to Dispenser Changed: Dispenser Buttons
- Version 1.7.0 Added: Destroyer Fixed: ChatDetector, Antispawner, Charm bug in SinglePlayer
- Version 1.6.1 Added: Mute Button to Dispenser Added: ConfigOption to make blocks indestructible in survival Hopefully fixed: Crash with Antispawners
- Version 1.6.0 Added: Antispawner
- Version 1.5.0 Added: Dispenser (with camou, infinite and rotate option)
- Version 1.4.1 Added: Souldbound Enchantment (book only)
- Version 1.4.0 Added: Entity Savers will now recognize tagged mobs. Added: Placing a NameTag inside an Entity Detector will make him search for any entity tagged that way. Added: Charm which will return Items upon death Added: Legendary Charm Added: ConfigOption for Charm Tooltips Added: ConfigOption for always returning items upon death
- Version 1.3.0 Added: Particle Emitter Added: Particle Items Changed: Maximum Spawner area and added rightclick behavious to the button
- Version 1.2.1 Fixed: Mod mobs not working with the Entity Detector
- Version 1.2.0 Added: Chat Detector Added: Rightclicking range buttons will decrease the value Changed: Maximum scanned area increased to 25x25x25
- Version 1.1.1 Fixed: Spawner causing crash when used with saved player
- Version 1.1.0 Fixed: Spawners now drop their content when destroyed Added: Entity Detector Added: Sneaking while destroying a spawner or detector will drop a loaded block Added: Entity Saver can now also save players by rightclicking Changed: Some tooltip colors
- Version 1.0.1 Added: Amount and "exact-random" button to the Spawner
- Version 1.0.0
General Information: All blocks currently included in this mod share some traits. First all of them have a slot in the upper right corner of the interface. Place any normally rendered block in there and the machine will mimic the appearance of that block. Some people might be familiar with this functionality from my other mod Pistronics. Most blocks will offset their working area if you place a block in front of a machine (up to 8blocks, always up for the spawner). For example you could place a machine under the floor with a 3x3x3 area and it will start above the floor. Lastly some buttons in the interface cycle backwards if you rightclick them.
Config: By default blocks in this mod can only be accessed in creative you can change this here. You can also configure whether this mod should use its own creative tab. If not blocks and items can be found in the redstone and misc tab. Besides the normal block and item IDs you can also define an offset for both. You can also prevent all players from losing their inventory upon death. This is set to false by default and can also be done ingame by other means (see below). See the "Tweak" Category for more.
Entity Saver: This is an item used by the spawner and entity detector. Hit any living entity with this and the item will save it. You can also save a generic player by rightclicking (note: it will save a "survival player" or a "creative player" based on your current gamemode). Shift+rightclicking will save yourself (a player with your playername).
Spawner: Place an entity saver in the slot in the middle and apply a redstone signal. By default it will the mob above the spawner (of course you can't spawn players). You can configure the area where the entity will randomly spawn, the amount and whether it should spawn the exact amount or an amount between 1 and exact.
Entity Detector: The entity detector will emit a signal if the mob in his entity saver is somewhere in the defined area you can configure the area in all dimensions. The Detector is sensitive to tagged mobs now if you save a mob with a tag the detector will only emit a signal if a mob of the saved type and name is in the area. Placing a NameTag inside the detector will make him look for any mob with the specified name.
Chat Detector: Similiar to the entity detector regarding the area. The Detector will emit a signal when a player writes the given text in this area.
Particle Emitter: Similiar to the entity detector regarding the area. The Emitter has 5 Slots for particle items 1 pulse will spawn all particles in the inventory. A constant signal will spawn them every 10 ticks (0.5 seconds). For example if you place 1 stack of redstone particles and 3 smoke particles inside, it will spawn 64 redstone particles and 3 smoke particles randomly in the area. If you need more slots you can place more emitter behind the first remember that they will offset their area.
Dispenser: This is an advanced version of the vanilla dispenser. It has 4 buttons in the interface. The first one will toggle whether the items in the inventory are used up, so you can make it dispense as much items as you want. The second button will make him dispense the entire stack, the third will toggle between random and cycle mode. In random mode the item that will be dispensed is chosen randomly (like in vanilla) in cycle mode it will cycle through all available stacks. And lastly the mute button will prevent any sound the dispenser usually makes.
Antispawner: Will keep any non-Player entity from spawning naturally (spawner and eggs still work) in the defined area. Note: In Chunk mode the area is a square while it is a circle in block mode. You can also set it up to only deny spawning above the Antispawner.
Destroyer: This one will destroy any block in front of the machine from a to b where a is the min offset and b is the max offset. There are a few options here: If you set it to harvest mode it will shoot out the blocks from the back (or place them in an inventory behind it). Clean will remove the block without any break effects (like a chest droppint its content). You can set it to manual (activates with redstone signal) and auto mode which will activate every 5 Ticks (4/per s). Lastly you can set it up to make blocks not disappear instantly but make them slowly fade away. It will take about 50Ticks (2,5s) for a block to fully fade. Tickrate and fadespeed are configureable in the config!
Placer: A block that places blocks! The Interface is very similiar to the dispenser so I won't explain everything again. It has the same offset and fade functionality as the Destroyer. The new button is the one with the two squares. This one will toggle between normal and override mode. In override mode the placer will simply override any block in the area.
Earthquaker: Similiar to the entity detector regarding the area. The Earthquaker will start an earthquake in the defined area :D. In other words it will make the camera shake and spawn particles from the walls and ceiling. Don't worry nothing is destroyed. Both the shaking and the particles can be adjusted with the strength slider in the interface. The working area will not offset if you place blocks in front of it.
Charms: A Charm will prevent Item lose upon death. A regular Charm will be consumed in the process a Legendary Charm lasts forever.
Soulbound Enchantment: The Enchantmentbook can be found in the misc tab. Any Item(Stack) enchanted with Soulbound will return to your Inventory after you died. This is not restricted to Tools, Weapons and Armor you can enchant any Item.
Sorry for all grammar errors, feel free to tell me.
How to help:
You like the mod or think something is missing? Don't be shy help now! There are some things you can do:
Report bugs! First make sure you are using the newest version of the mod, then add a crashreport if possible (please use spoilers or even better upload it on pastebin for example). A description of what happend and what is not working as expected is useful. Please don't just write "Its not working!" unless you crashed and have no idea why of course ^^'.
As you can probably tell by now english is not my native language so please tell me if I made a mistake or something sounds weird. Please also tell if something is not explained properly.
Positive criticism and ideas are much appreciated. This mod doesn't follow some great plan or anything I simply add things as I see them fit. So if you ever thought "I wish that would be possible for my map =(" go ahead and tell me. I can't promise anything of course.
You made a cool map, screenshot or video using this mod? Feel free to share them here. If you want I can also add them to the main post so other players will have a better impression of what the mod is about.
Modpacks, Maps and Mirrors:
You may use and upload this mod together with your map. As long as you don't attempt to make money with it or claim it as your own. Giving credit or a link to this thread would be nice but not necessary. Also it will make me very happy if you tell me!
Thanks to Wreckage for inspiration and testing
Thanks to Pahimar and VSWE for making great tutorials! Thanks to the Mcp and Forge Team! Thanks to all Modders for making awesome mods! written by Letiu
TERMS AND CONDITIONS 0. USED TERMS MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - Letiu, Original author of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION On its own this MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. It may be included in any modpack with other mods. All mirrors of this MOD must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
I was working a lot on this mod lately so I figured I should update the forum thread, so lets see... eh I compiled 10 new version since last time o_O ?!
We are up to version 1.8.2 now with a ton of new features compared to 1.4.2
I also spend some time updating the post with screenshots for every block and some new sections. The mod turned out to be much bigger than I thought.
Tell me if you thing something is missing.
The update is mostly done. I got frustrated at some point and decided to focus on Pistronics for the moment. I will give it another try when I'm done with the next beta version. Don't expect anything fancy just a straight port.
Wow these blocks have such strong and customizable uses! It'd be cool if the there was a sound effects block! Cause that chat block is awesome alongside the particle emitter! Custom dungeons yay! Thank you!