Ever felt like the oceans in Minecraft are a bit boring? Don't you wish they were a bit more beautiful and/or mysterious? Well so did I, and after working for few weeks, I now proudly present to you the Aquatic Abyss!
In this mod, Minecraft's boring oceans are populated with tons of new mythical and real creatures, along with new world generation! Check out the features:
Who knew the old tales of sea serpents were real! The sea serpent is a rare creature with smooth movements and quick and impulsive attacks, that might be found roaming the waters and maybe even hunting other creatures. Currently, the green serpent, the only serpent "yet discovered by mankind", has 30 hearts of health. Be careful, it hunts humans too!
Serpents occasionally get hungry, and will remain neutral when not hungry.
Fish like to swim in schools of similar species, and have random sizes, colors, and details. There are a multitude of unique fish species that occupy the oceans:
The Common Fish
Black Cap Basslet
Billfish (Swordfish, etc)
Not all of the ocean is calm. Billfish are the fastest swimmers known to mankind (irl!) and like to eat common fish! Billfish will drop their spikes (the bills) in two forms: either long or short, depending on their bill length. They may also drop an amount of fish. The types:
Although they are smaller in size, sailfish are the fasted of the billfish. Like other mobs, they have different textures and marks. Here's a swordfish hunting some fish!
Swordfish are larger than their predecessor and have an extremely long bill (aka longer attack range!). They also have a fin instead of a sail.
How do I travel the oceans if the player moves so slowly, you ask? The answer: you tame a seahorse! You can find seahorses with random textures and (if you're lucky) colors. To tame them, you must mount them many times. They will knock you off and flee, but will eventually become tamed! Check out some pictures:
More creatures to come!
How do I see and breathe in the water, you ask? Easy! Just craft a pair of goggles with the recipe above! The goggles (and snorkel) will provide you with sight and oxygen for 4 minutes before breaking.
Although not all fish are edible, some more common fish can be cooked and eaten after being killed.
You can craft 3 short billfish spikes into 1 long billfish spike, and using those, you can craft a spike sword! A spike sword has 150 uses and does 6.5 hearts of damage.
Rocks are made of stained clay and randomly spawn on the ocean floor. They also have a chance to contain an ore inside! The chances of getting a particular ore is: (The chances are consecutive, ex: Iron is only considered when Coal is not picked)
Coal: 1 out of 4
Iron: 1 out of 5
Lapis Lazuli: 1 out of 8
Gold: 1 out of 10
Diamond: 1 out of 100
More features will be added soon!
A config file can be found in .minecraft/config/ with the following options:
GenerateRocks (true/false) - Whether rocks should be generated
GenerateSeaweed (true/false) - Whether seaweed should be generated
SpawnMythicalCreatures (true/false) - Whether you want mythical creatures to spawn
FAQ Q: Why does my background turn black/white when I'm underwater for a long time? A: Unfortunately, this is a Minecraft bug. We'll just have to deal with it. However, they're likely to fix it in 1.8. Q: The game crashes! A: Above all, make sure you downloaded the AnimationAPI! If you have already, please post the error report in a spoiler.
Changelog Check here for more detailed features and/or changes added to the mod.
* updated to mc1.7.10
* increased green serpent's health to 45 hearts
* made taming a seahorse slightly easier
* improved a LOT of internal code
* added the sailfish and swordfish
* added the billfish spikes and the spike sword which as 150 uses
* made fish flee when large creatures get too close
* made fish flee when attacked
* made common fish spawn in lakes too
* fixed common fish sometimes changing colors
* made all normal-shaped fish drop raw fish
* made all butterflyfish drop raw butterflyfish
* slightly increased the serpent's attack damage
* made serpents spawn a bit less frequently
* added slight water movement rendering for serpents
* added the option to disable seaweed in the config
* added rocks that generate underwater
* rocks have a chance to have a rare ore inside/on them:
** coal (1/4), iron (1/5), lapis (1/8), gold (1/10), diamond (1/100)
* ItemCreature now renders the actual creature's model
* goggles use a new crafting recipe with iron inside
* goggles now last four minutes instead of five
* attempted to fix water creatures not spawning at all
* fixed seaweed renderer causing random crashes
* initial release
important + technical features:
* multi-box collision (and proper bone structure) for serpents, aka actually hit the serpent's body
* remade movement ai for AA water creatures
* serpents knock mobs away with their tails
* arrows do less damage to serpents
* unique and actual fish species
* unique randomized sizes, textures, fins, tails, etc for fish
* flexible and dynamic school systems for fish
* tameable and rideable seahorses with randomized textures and colors
* seahorses must be ridden many times to be tamed
* untamed seahorses flee from players on sight
* randomly generated seaweed
* natural seaweed that grows and shrinks in a cycle
* goggles that allow the player to see more clearly underwater
>> Click Start and type %appdata% into the Search area
>> Click the folder that is called Roaming
>> Find the folder inside called .minecraft
Move the mod zip file to .minecraft/mods
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - TheHippoMaster21, Original author of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.