This mod is a good alternative to Ender Storage mod who are not available for Minecraft 1.72 !
DimStorage add an improved and technologic version of Vanilla Ender Chests with more functionalities:
- chest owner selection
- inventory frequence selection
- lock system for private usage !
Basic item, required for others recipes.
Iron X4 - Redstone X4 - Diamond X1
Solid Dimensional Core:
Upgrade for DimCore, used to craft DimChest.
Iron X8 - DimCore X1
Used to craft DimChest
Iron X4 - Redstone X4 - Ender Perl X1
Allow player to access storage for configured owner and frequency.“Frequency” is a number choose by player and who allow to identify the chest content.
A public DimChest with frequency 5 share his inventory with others DimChest who are publics and with the same frequency.
A private DimChest with frequency 5 doen’t share his inventory with previous DimChest because he’s public !
Same way if frequencies are differents !
The “locked” mode allow access interdiction for players who are not the DimChest owner.
Hoppers or other piping system are disabled when “locked” mode is active !
Solid Dimensional Core X1 - Dimensional Wall X8
- Dimensional Chest UI:
- ComputerCraft usage:
NOTE: ComputerCraft functions are disabled because ComputerCraft is not updated for MC 1.7.2 !
ComputerCraft see DimChest as peripheral so you can attach a computer and access to DimChest functions:
- String getOwner(): return DimChest owner name (default is “public”)
- int getFreq(): return the DimChest frequency.
- setOwner(String owner): allow computer to change DimChest owner (not possible when DimChest is locked) .
- setPublic(): allow computer to change DimChest owner for “public” (not possible when DimChest is locked) .
- setFreq(int freq): allow computer to change DimChest frequency (not possible when DimChest is locked)
- Spotlight by Vaygrim:
- Integration in ModPacks:
This mod can be used in any public or private compilation of mods (also
known as "Mod Pack") without any permission from the developer.
- Ready for 1.7.10 !
- Fixed: crash on server start.
- Fixed: backspace key not working to change frequency.
- Fixed: model not properly rendered.
- You can now use an Anvil to rename DimChest like vanilla chest.
- CN translation.
- New DimChest GUI with "hide config" button and a textfiled for frequency selection.
- Frequency is now limited to 999.
- New craft for DimChest, more complicated and cost more resources !
- New DimChest model
- Bugs fixes
Awww ninja'd by Pixelated, was just about to suggest the frequency thing.
I have a few questions and suggestions:
What's the maximum frequency?
Are you planning on making a dimensional bag?
Can the extra buttons on the Dimensional Chest GUI be in some sort of dropdown button?
(Like in Thermal Expansion's GUI)
Can the chest show it's frequency number on the front of the chest?
There should be a button to enable 'Show Frequency on Chest'
(I know we could use CC, but who wants to waste block space?)
Might I suggest Redstone Flux for power requirement, as TE for 1.7.2 is going to be out Soon(tm) I think.
As for CC support being disabled due to CC being absent in 1.7.2, I just want to point out a mod called OpenComputers, which is an open source mod that's for 1.7.2 that would enable the same general functionality that CC had to offer. Not to mention, OC has a simpler API to use.