This is a simple mod that saves you from having to hold down buttons on your keyboard. For example, instead of holding down the spacebar to stay afloat while swimming you could simply press the key that you have set for ToggleJump. Now Minecraft will act exactly like you're holding down spacebar until you either press the toggle key again or until you press spacebar yourself.
Sorry, screenshots can't really convey the essence of the mod.
Toggle buttons:Tired of holding down buttons? Want to go on a long run and don't want to hold down W? Press the ToggleRun button once then you will run forward until you press it again or until you manually press forward or back. Staying afloat in the ocean is as simple as pressing ToggleJump. Buttons can configured in the controls menu or manually turned off in toggler.cfg found in your config folder.
Hold to attack:Why spam left click when it's easier just to hold the button down? By holding down the left mouse button you will continually attack much like when mining you hold down the button. This option can be turned off in toggler.cfg found in you config folder.
Combat Mode:Ever tried to kill a bat only to end up knocking out torches and digging holes in your walls? If you are holding down the left mouse button and facing a mob, you will automatically switch to Combat Mode. You will now ONLY attack mobs and not touch any blocks that you face. This will continue until you release the button. This also works with ToggleLeftClick active. This option can be turned off in toggler.cfg found in you config folder.
All key bindings can be changed in Options>Controls. Pressing the original key should cancel the toggled action, for example if you press jump (spacebar) while ToggleJump is active then you will no longer auto jump.
Available for 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.6.4. Click View all downloads to see other versions.
This mod should only affect the client input so it's unlikely to screw up existing worlds but you should take the usual precautions such as making backups of your worlds before installing. Also as this is only a client side mod you should not install this on the server side.
Version 1.0 (27/10/2013)
- Added configuration file. Should be found at: config/Toggler.cfg
- Can now disable controls in the config file if you feel any are a waste of keybindings
- Chat notifications on Toggles can be turned on in config file. (Disabled by default)
- Hold to Attack can now be disabled in the config file. (Enabled by default)
- Using ToggleRun while manually running forward should now stay on when you let go of the forward button
- If you are standing still and press ToggleSprint you will now automatically run forward and sprint if possible
- Pressing the back button while auto running forward will now turn off ToggleRun.
- NEW Only Attack Mode: you will no longer break blocks until you release the left click or turn off the toggle. This can be changed in the config file under AutoOnlyAttack. (Enabled by default)
- While ToggleLeftClick is on or if you are manually holding down left click, hitting a mob once will set you to attack only mode Version 0.1 (24/10/2013)
- First release
I am wondering if you have a beta of the 1.7.2 version that i could possibly test for you. I am moderator for a Twitch broadcaster, and would like to add this mod to his pack, was wondering if with your permission, I could add this mod to the pack download.
Please contact me here or on twitter @Button_Pusher_ if you have a beta copy i could test out, and we will of course provide a link to this page and credit you. Thank you for your time and thank you for making this wonderful mod that has made my skyblock minecrafting so much less work and hassle. XD
I made this mod mainly for my own purpose but I lacked the time or inspiration to update it to Minecraft 1.7+
Since then I've wanted to play Minecraft again and realised how much I miss it, especially for the feature of safe auto attack (does not break blocks while attacking). I still have the source code for the 1.6.4 compatible version and if anyone would like to takeover this mod please send me a message here.
While searching for my source code to pass on to someone else I rediscovered my interest in modding. I've decided to continue updating this mod at least until 1.8. Thanks for the offers I'll keep them in mind if I decided to go on a long leave again.
Version 1.7.10-0.1 (18/04/2015)
- Updated for 1.7.10, Compiled to Forge 10.13.2.1291.
- Default toggle ToggleRight key changed to "U"
- Removed notification status and debugging code
Version 1.6.4-1.1 (18/04/2015)
- Finally decided to update this mod although still for 1.6.4. Compiled to Forge 126.96.36.1995
- Default toggle sprint key changed to "F"
- Hopefully stopped accidently attacking entities after clicking close on a GUI menu