shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
WARNINGThere is a very tiny chance that updates may break your save. Backup just in case.
Currently the Eldritch & Aurmancy tier of research are still heavily WIP. There is some things I need to sort out and balance before I can implement them properly.
- API: removed crystal shard ore dictionary entries for now. Turns out forge oredict doesn't account for nbt data.
- dioptra can now be toggled between showing vis and flux and improved the comparator output as well. I forgot to add this to the beta 6 patch notes when it was actually changed
- added potion sprayer
- rebalanced focus medium vis values slightly
- fixed focus bolt fx
- re-added the quicken focus mod which mysteriously dissapeared from my code at some point
- chain focus mod and arcing enchantment will no longer target things you are riding or players and creatures on your team or that you own. They may still hit something by mistake if it is in the way
- prevent onBlockHarvested from being called twice by golems and break focus which was causing a dupe bug on some blocks like skulls
- everfull urn is now obtainable much earlier
- triple meat treat regen effect now last the proper amount of time
- infusion is now unlocked as its own research and not part of unlocking artifice anymore.
- many theorycraft cards that consumed items no longer do so.
- rebalanced theorycards in general so that there are easy, medium and hard choices - easy choices have no requisites, but give little progress (~10). Medium gives better progress (~25), but requires something simple to do. Hard choices give a lot of progress (~30-50), but also requires more effort
- instead of the highest category in theorycrafting getting a bonus, all other categories now get a penalty instead
- potions and related items now have most of their aspects calculated from the ingredients used to craft them
- fixed dust crafting related crash with crucibles
- golem logistics can now be completed with unfilled map
- crafting the fire focus now properly completes basic auromancy
- The full, not fractional amount of observations, theories and epiphanies are now spent when completing research. Oops.
- golems now operate within 32 blocks instead of 16.
- provider seals no longer require golems to be especially smart to listen to them, but they still require biothaumic mind research
- fixed focus crash in NEI
- fixed wrong import causing crash during focus creation for those without the correct java library
- fixed "phantom" taint seed issue
- fixed crash when placing arcane bore
- research entries requiring enchantments are now a lot less picky
- loads of other small tweaks and bugfixes
- workbench charger can now be placed on a focal manipulator as well
- changed the way and exact point when vis consumption is calculated for foci. Vis should no longer be consumed if an effect does not trigger.
- added 'Burst'focus modifier
- added 'Plan' focus medium
- added 'Quicken'focus medium
- completely overhauled the way foci effect links are created and managed behind the scenes. Much more interesting combos are now possible. Chaining+Bursting+Scattering Fireballs anyone?
- API: Caster focus API has undergone massive changes, but it should be a lot easier to create focus effects now. Much of the grunt work is handled by the casting engine behind the scenes instead of having to be coded per effect.
- increased focus effect damage across the board to be more inline with vanilla damage numbers
- break focus will no longer break unbreakable blocks clientside
- 'break' focus effect now takes block hardness into account and will take longer to break harder blocks. Potency increases the breaking speed.
- fixed shardFire oredictionary entry to actually refer to fire crystals and not air crystals
- theorycrafting research entry now has two stages as intended.
- added a 'scrap theory' button to research table if you want to start from scratch
- fixed a few theorycraft cards that could give infinite draws or progress
- rebalanced theorycraft cards with item costs so they offer greater rewards
- jars can now be filled all the way from alembics
- arcane ear (toggle) should now be craftable
- fixed various broken research entries
- fixed researches requiring thaumium to be unlocked
- improved the range of the touch focus
- sword of the zephyr once again has the winds effect
- improved taint fibre hitboxes
- fixed taint fibres having a 50% chance to spread even if no flux was present in aura
- all types of taint growth now costs a tiny amount of flux to occur.
- taint seeds will now take damage if no flux is present
- rebalanced the way aura and flux spreads between chunks. The math was a bit off and could force too much vis into a chunk which in turn caused flux.
- added functionality that will automatically throttle the number of particles thaumcraft generates when fps drops below 30
- fixed a major bug that was causing certain items (usually vis crystals) to have their stack size set to 1 the first time their aspect values where calculated.
- fixed gauntlet moddel clipping issues
- wand hud element should no longer be upside down if shown on the bottom of the screen
- fixed research page formatting so that elements like line breaks, page breaks, etc. are properly rendered on all machines. For lots of people it was just displaying walls of unformatted text.
- removed a few possible infinite loops causing research to freeze and eventually crash the client
- fixed occasional text overlap on knowledge types research entry
- fix for boss health bars not displaying during fight and only appearing after death
- fix vis discount items in the newer bauble slots not being counted
- essentia in crucibles will now keep slowly dissolving if no heat is applied
- fixed custom armor model rotation points
- fixed arcane ear note display and added another version of the arcane ear that toggles on / off instead of sending a pulse
- removing a focus with sneak+f while wearing a focus pouch in your belt slot will now properly update the pouch contents clientside
- fixed flux research entry so you can progress to stage two
- fixed exchange focus localization and spam casting that occurred when you selected a block
- fixed Unlock Alchemy research entry so all the text is displayed in research step 2
- fixed a few more missing research entries referring to thaumaturgy instead of auromancy
- fixed chrash when golems harvested blocks
- when completing a research stage all the pages for the next stage should be shown
- WARNING: I'm Splitting all the various tc stone blocks (arcane, eldritch, ancient,etc), into their own blocks. This is to make certain worldgen things easier to code and as preparation for the 'great flattening' coming with MC 1.13. This will probably break things in your world so be prepared. Sorry about that.
- added missing theorycraft cards for Infusion
- auromancy should now be unlockable again.
- using curios during theorycrafting will no longer consume the entire stack
- made silverwood trees outside magical forest biomes a bit more common
- improved fps around tainted areas
- granted golems the ability to walk again and be picked up
---- MAJOR CHANGES ----
- rebalanced aspect values significantly
- tweaked some aspect colors to differentiate them from each other a bit more
- re-added the old praecantatio aspect
- added alkimia, the alchemy aspect.
- rebalanced essentia amounts in items. Everything has a lot more essentia (roughly 5x previous versions), but all recipes are more expensive to compensate. This is to improve the essentia calculation algorithm and to make costing and balancing easier and more granular.
- rebalanced armor values to incorporate the new toughness stat
- removed haste and repair vanilla enchants. Haste is now an infusion enchant and repair has been dropped in favor of the vanilla enchant
- added quartz ore spawns to overworld. They are much rarer than ore spawns in the nether however.
- added ability for OP's to view a players known research
- added support for the Chisel ConnectedTexturesMod (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ctm). This mod is NOT required, but certain textures will be enhanced by using this.
- probably loads of other things I missed
ITEMS / BLOCKS
- Added casting gauntlets and focus crafting mechanic that replaces wands
- Goggles can now also be placed in the 'headgear' baubles slot
- traveller boots now require charge to function
- added arcane activator rails. They allow the activation and deactivation of things like automated crossbow turrets that pass over them.
- The arcane bore is now a placable entity much like automated turrets. Like many entities they can ride empty mine carts. Have fun with that
- Dowsing ability will now display a particle effect for an entire ore vein and not each block. Effect is also color coded for most common ore types.
- Players are now eased into Thaumcraft more organically just by playing the game. No wiki or forum post required to take your first steps.
- scanning is now much more integral to research.
- scanning things now generates various types of notes, observation and similar things. These will later be used for purchasing research.
- scanning inventories now also scans their contents as well
- split artifice research tree into artifice and infusion enchantment. Some of the changed associated with this might break saves a bit, so be prepared.
- Thaumaturgy tree renamed to Auromancy. It never made much sense that one of the trees was named after the mod itself. vOv
- Aura and vis is no longer separated into aspects. Vis now represents raw magical energy.
- Vis and flux is now mutually exclusive. In practical terms what happens is that within a chunk the aura has a fixed capacity. For this example lets use 50. Vis in a chunk will replenish itself back to this number over time.
- adding flux to the aura counts against this total however. If the flux + vis total exceeds this number, then some of the vis will slowly disappear or be pushed into adjacent chunks (if the have capacity) until the total drops down to 50. This means that polluting a chunk too much may result in it having no vis, just flux.
- Aura Nodes removed. Their role was fairly limited within the current aura system and the performance hit they caused (even if minor) was not worth it for the limited content they added. I may revisit adding back later if I can find a reason to.
- aura replenishes itself based on moonphase and other natural factors
- arcane crafting modified to draw vis directly from aura. Crystals are required for many arcane crafting recipes. Crystals are placed in the slots surrounding the main crafting grid.
- auras will no longer tick while game is paused in SP
= taint now spreads from taint seeds. They are immobile entities and there are eggs for them if you want to spawn some. Taint grows out from these 'seeds' and grows a lot faster than in TC5.
- taint can only spread within a limited radius of a seed and will die if there is no seed within this radius. There is a small chance for new seeds to spawn at the outer rim of this radius.
- taint spread is no longer linked to flux, however high flux levels will increase the distance taint can grow from a seed.
- put together this means taint can spread faster and even into non-polluted areas, but to get rid of it you only need to get rid of the seeds. Easier said than done though.
- lots of additions and changes to give modders access to the new systems in TC 6
- IPlayerKnowledge is now the main repository for all things research and knowledge related. It uses the forge capability system and can be obtained via the getKnowledge(EntityPlayer player) method in ThaumcraftApi
- research data is now located in .json files that can modified by resource packs
- made significant changes to IRechargable making it more generic
- changed IScanThing.getResearchKey to also accept the passed in player and scanned object
- added IScanThing.onSuccess to allow performing something when a scan succeeds
Q: What is this Baubles thing that is being downloaded? A: It is a required sub-mod that adds extra inventory slots to the player.
Q: How do I access the Baubles inventory? A: The default hotkey for baubles is 'b'. If your not running any inventory altering mods or spend a lot of time in creative it might be a good idea to swop your normal and bauble inventory bindings so you always open the baubles inventory by default.
(1) Install Forge (Modloader is NOT required - my mod uses the Forge modloader)
(2) Download this mod and place the jar into your Mods Directory.
(3) Config File Settings For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC 5 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Adding thaumcraft world gen to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven't visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
These are mods that use the API or other means to intergrate with or add content to Thaumcraft. More importantly they do so without breaking the balance of my mod (such as it is).
A friendly request to addon makers: I love all the addons that have been made recently, but I have a few requests. - Don't go too crazy when adding new aspects. If you do, drop me a PM. If it is something obvious or useful beyond your addon I might add it to vanilla TC. - Try not to add more than one research tab - Please try and keep your own researches on your own tab - Please don't move my researches around. You can make copies if you wish to show dependendies on your tab, but the research should remain in its original location. - Please don't alter any of my recipes. If you feel it is needed for the balance of your addon please drop me a PM. Partly to discuss if the change is required, but mostly since it might actually be a change that should be in vanilla TC.
Lastly, I've noticed some addons adding items from TC 3 or earlier. I don't have a problem with that, so go wild. However several of those items I have been planning to re-add myself. A lot of TC 2 stuff never made it into TC 3 simply due to time constraints. So don't come crying to me if and when I do that. Note - I obviously won't just copy-paste someones elses code for those items or blocks - I will implement my own versions.
If you want access to beta version of my mod to make version update go a bit smoother, send me a PM with your dropbox user info and a link to your mod (so I can check if you are actually an addon dev )
The code of “Thaumcraft for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed here.
You want Thaumcraft in your mod pack? All you need to meet are five simple conditions: 1. Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post. 2. You cannot make any money off of the mod pack. 3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Azanor). 4. If I ever ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so. 5. Handle any queries and bug reports internally first. This is one of the main reasons I had such a strict anti-modpack policy for such a long time - people using modpacks would come here posting errors that have nothing to do with my mod or that have been fixed ages ago, but still occurs in the modpack because it is using an older version.
If these five conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack.
Special thanks to...
My Beta Testers, you know who you are
All the folks on the Forgecraft server for your help and support.
Dan Scott ( for all the help he gave me with some of the sprites.
mr.Hazard(d95) for his awesome models Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack. chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect and deploader code from WRCBECovertJaguar for his custom biome spawning code. Rorax for allowing me to use some of her models. J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar)for the use of his icons for certain research categories. Find this and other open art at: http://opengameart.orgBitterBusiness for the use of his Pech model.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS 0. USED TERMS MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Yes!!!!!!! The wait is over. To all thaumaturges, thaumomancers, or any magician; lets us desend upon the great work of Azanor's and enjoy it. Thank you Azanor, this is one of my favorite mods, I feel that it has been worth the wait. Goodbye all and hello thaumcraft 4.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I left the enderman to observe and emulate the steves, I want to know more about them. Wish me luck.