[1.8] Achievement Extreme 0.0.4 Alpha Released! [FINALLY REVIVED!]
Poll: What should i try and focus on
What should i try and focus on - Multiple Choice
- Removing the mod from the forums. 3.7% of Users - 4 votes
- I'm gonna be kind, and post something below! :) 5.6% of Users - 6 votes
- Multiplayer 34.3% of Users - 37 votes
- Multi-Launguage support 16.7% of Users - 18 votes
- That isnt really important, add what you feel like 33.3% of Users - 36 votes
- Killing/Mining a quantity of things 34.3% of Users - 37 votes
- Exploring 43.5% of Users - 47 votes
- Killing mobs in a special way 45.4% of Users - 49 votes
- Finding good names for all of the achievements 53.7% of Users - 58 votes
Ended Jun 27, 2015
Achievement Extreme has been updated to support the latest game version (1.8). The mod has also fixed the issue where the game would crash.
Also, it's "a lot", not "alot". Just sayin'.
Well thanks for the feedback i guess.
Haha, well I'm sorry, you were giving me an achievement for digging up a block of dirt; I thought achievements were supposed to be...I dunno.. achieved? The Slayer achievements were okay (repetitive, but still fair), but the rest of them were just lame.
Perhaps you could give an achievement for more difficult or obscure tasks such as "finding a mushroom biome", "taming a horse" (+1 if you can catch that reference ), "enchanting an item via villager" or "killing the ender dragon with a snowball." (I'm not sure about fireproof but the dragon sure isn't snow proof! :3 )
Hell, you could even add some bad achievements in there such as "throwing a diamond into lava." Any of those are better (and more fun) than breaking a few dirt blocks.
How's that for feedback?
that is GREAT feedback, i can acutally thank you for that one... The reason there is the boring ones as of now is because i wanted achievements for EVERYTHING... dont know why. But my goal is indeed to have achievements for taming horses, throwing diamons in lava, all kinds of stuff... And as of now, i actually only have ONE dirt achievement so i think that was a little over doing it.
1. could you add achievements based on gameplay elements? for example, theres farming gameplay element. achievement should be mine wood, craft hoe, get seed, hoe soil(cant remember the actual word), plant seed, water plant, harvest, im a farmer. this way its easier for noobs to get into the game. also, put a description on how to achieve the achievement. for me, the biggest problem with minecraft is how to learn to play the game. it is extremely unaccessible.
2. an achievement thats puzzled the user on how to achieve them, will force the user to search for info on the internet. this is really counterproductive and kills the immersion.
What do you mean? Theres no description on how to get the achievement? If so, its a bug, cause the descriptions i have makes it easy to understand what to do.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you! Comments like these actually motivate me to continue
Hello! I had almost decided to abandon this mod, it felt like a bad mod, but after a few weeks i noticed that i had received 19 votes, 14 replies in total, 40 people using the adf.ly link and a insane number of 144 downloads!, even though this mod is burrowed under so many other good mods.
So yeah... After school from this day on (28.10.2013), ill try and make a stable updated mod, hows a update a week for you guys? Those wont be only major updates, some may only add a few new achievements, while some may just fix lots of bugs, but there can be some that are really cool.
Problems i have though, i started this project without really knowing how to do it all, you may not know, but i got another topic running which are about people helping me getting working code for this mod, but i will try my best- because you guys are awesome and deserve it!
Thanks for reading! ~PlayPrey
In the meantime:
Thanks for the feedback, if i ever decide to continue on this mod (ive lost motivation), i will try and focus more on the fun achievements and not the milestones
Sweet! I will contact you when i have added multi-launguege support.
Thanks, this mod finally adds a new challenge into the game, not just killing the enderdragon. Please continue this mod!
In the meantime: