Craftbukkit/Bukkit, Source, and versions for more are coming soon!
These are the files I changed to make Minecraft <version you choose here> to work with the new login servers (URL).
Yes, you can use offline mode, but if anyone knows your IP, it can be insecure.
1. Open your minecraft.jar with a program like WinRar or 7zip. (on windows, no idea about other OSes)
2. Delete the META-INF
3. Copy the class file (nb.class) into your minecraft.jar
4. Close the jar file and start Minecraft
1. Open the minecraft_server.jar with a program like WinRar or 7zip. (on windows, no idea about other OSes)
2. DO NOT DELETE THE META-INF!
3. Copy the class file (cv.class) to the minecraft_server.jar
4. Close the jar file and launch the server
This mod was really easy to make. All I did was edit a URL to the Minecraft Login Servers. I'm only releasing this so you don't have to edit code to do it.
V1.0 - First Release. (probably the only one)
A few notes:
The Bukkit version is in the works, but I already have the readme ready to go for it.
If you don't trust me, you can set online-mode to false. It will allow you to login without the mod.
The server and client MUST BOTH have the mod!
Please remember that this is for old versions of Minecraft, not for new versions.
Also, this post is incomplete, please don't flame me.
The Minecraft community in general isn't about "respecting and caring" either. It largely consists of narcissistic children who disregard those other than themselves and like to spout anger, abuse, troll and flame. It is also why any competent multiplayer builder either owns a private server or one where build allowance requires in-depth vetting. If Minecraft was about "respecting and caring" these measures would clearly not be necessary.