Starting July 30th, you will no longer be able to log in to a Curse account that was not merged with a Twitch account. If you have not yet merged your Curse account with a Twitch account, please do so here! Otherwise, your account and its content will be inaccessible.
Chisel adds a huge variety of static blocks to the game. This mod will be very useful for people who like the construction aspect of Minecraft.
User submitted creations:
Access to new blocks is provided mostly through one tool: chisel. Craft it out of a stick and an ingot like this:
Alternative recipe can be enabled in config file:
Right click with it equipped to display the new GUI:
Place a block into middle slot, and click on one of (up to) 16 variations of it to carve that variation.
Following are images that show all currently possible variations.
Two new blocks are added to worldgen: marble and limestone. Each can be crafted into stairs and slabs. Marble can also be crafted into pillars which in turn can be crafted into pillar slabs. All these blocks have 16 variations each, that you can obtain with chisel.
Even though I drew some, most of block variations come from (or are inspired by) the Painterly pack: http://painterlypack.net/.
New in 1.5.0:
- Now requires Autoutils mod.
- Shows same block name for all variations and shows variation name on a separate line in tooltip. Can revert to old behavior in config file.
New in 1.4.11:
- Fixed standalone server crash related to ball of moss.
- Fixed chisel block items looking larger than default block items.
New in 1.4.10:
- Added connected textures to almost every block for which connected textures make sense, along with an option to disable connected textures.
- Added factory block.
- Added floor carpets, just like in vanilla.
- Added a block from Eldritch game with non-flat sides giving it a funny look.
- Added cloud in a bottle item that spawns clouds at the location you throw it at.
- Added a ball-o-moss item that turns stone into its mossy variation at the location you throw it at.
- Added mod compatibility: you can chisel other mods' marble and limestone bocks into my variations and back. Affected mods are: artifice, numirp, projectred, mariculture, emasher, geostrata.
- Added a setting to change the ingredient for concrete smelting recipe: from gravel to anything.
- Fixed middle clicking glowstone not producing the right result in creative
- Fixed mining level on various added blocks
- Fixed a small visual bug with digging effects (thanks, neptunepink)
- Fixed top half slabs not breaking properly
New in 1.4.9:
- Snakestone drops fixed
- Carpets can't be chiseled anymore
New in 1.4.7:
- Item dupe bug fixed.
New in 1.4.5:
- Slabs can be placed upside down.
- Stairs can now be placed upside down and work similarly to vanilla stairs.
- Added variations for redstone block.
- Added holystone block, crafted with 8 stones and 1 feather.
- Added lavastone block, crafted with 8 stones and 1 bucket of lava.
- Snakes drop proper blocks when broken.
- Creatures no longer drown in concrete.
- Stair blocks break properly.
- Stairs render properly even when a block is placed on top of them.
New in 1.4.3:
Added a setting to not replace vanilla blocks and instead create new ones.
Fixed glass rendering with CTM.
Changed getIcon() to return the 'texture missing' icon instead of null. This will probably fix the crash for BuildCraft.
New in 1.4.0:
Three new blocks: stone snake, sandstone snake, obsidian snake. They behave very similarly to naga blocks from twilight forest mod (which is where I got inspiration from). See screenshots above for samples. You get them by chiseling stone bricks, sandstone and obsidian.
New in 1.3.0:
Right click a block with an empty chisel to carve it into a random variation.
Reworked sandstone: brought back original sandstone variations that I accidentally overwrote with my blocks. Other sandstone blocks also changed to resemble vanilla blocks more.
You can craft one smooth & flat sandstone block into one sandstone scribbles block, also carvable.
Added obsidian and wood planks variations (for all 4 kinds of wood).
Added concrete block, which you get by smelting gravel. Walking on a concrete road increases your movement speed considerably (speed boost can be changed/disabled).
New in 1.2.0:
Place a block into chisel, and close the inventory, leaving it there. Now left click some other block to carve it into the one you have inside your chisel.
Ice variations, the behavior of the default Minecraft block is changed. When you break ice, it does not spawn water, but drops 1-5 ice shards. Four can be crafted into an ice block. This mechanic can be disabled in config file.
Downloads: Chisel Autoutils (required library mod, shared between all my mods)
1. Install Minecraft forge.
2. Put Autoutils .jar file you downloaded into mods directory.
3. Put the mod's .jar file you downloaded into mods directory.
Also someone oSPARKSo made installation video just for you:
A lot of textures are from the Painterly pack: http://painterlypack.net/
If you are a modder and want to integrate some of your blocks into chisel mod, here is a sample mod that adds two whitestone bricks to chisel: http://www.mediafire...1.6.2-1.0.0.jar . You need to install chisel into your development environment to compile the sample, by placing sources and assets into matching mcp directories. Sources and assets are included into main chisel download.
evodesigns: (warning: Russian)
DikkeryDok: (warning: Russian)
This mod is available under GPL2. You are allowed to include it into mod packs of any kind, without asking for permission.
Decided to play around with your blocks some, to see what could be made with different themes.
Incomplete, just wanted to play with various styles.
(Edit: sorry for the new post and not editing my old one. Didn't realize I was still the last to reply. And I'm not sure how to delete my own posts.)
I am thoroughly impressed by how you have done things here, adding subtypes to vanilla blocks! I must say I could never do that D: I would really like it if you used your own textures, but the painterly ones you are currently using look nice regardless!
There is a new update, the version I uploaded originally does not work on standalone servers. I also added config, letting you change IDs, disable worldgen and switch to an alternative recipe for chisel (because I imagine mine would conflict with a lot of things).
YinTaiYang: Thanks for review, I'll add it to the OP.