I believe I've tracked down all the conflicts I'm having in my mod, I had forgotten all the block modifiers added in Mystcraft and have had to build to test after each removal. I've also made an API request that would allow me to gracefully recover from a conflict, if accepted into 0.10.6.00 or a later release it should make things a bit easier for me in this area.
If I didn't have to build each time I wanted to test, this would have taken me a lot less time, as that was enough to convince me to procrastinate and work on more important things or play video games. :\ I've put in another API request that would allow me to run Mystcraft from within Eclipse, so that should further improve my workflow if it is accepted.
It's due to AoM not being updated yet, so the Mystcraft API I package with my mod doesn't match the one in the actual mod. Specifically, it's missing the grammar parts.
I've nearly finished updating, I had some weird issues that were due to me doing stupid things, those are all fixed now. The only thing left is to come up with, you guessed it, grammar rules! It shouldn't take very long, I just need to catch a break long enough to do it where my brain is capable of more than running around aimlessly in Skyrim or GTA.
Finally updated, I do apologize for the many delays. Let me know about any issues you encounter and I will take a look as soon as possible.
Now that I've released I can work on cleaning up my codebase and working on unreleased features. I'd love to get AoM - Journals out, a mod that will add new book types with (hopefully) better GUIs, and will add written journals to treasure generation. The journals themselves will likely be of the Myst style, but with information, tips, and tricks about Mystcraft subtly taught to players reading them. Other inspirations are Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls written books, and System Shock/Bioshock audio diaries.
EDIT: Just updated to 1.6.2 and everything works, I'm too tired to test right now but I should be able to push an update for 1.6.2 as soon as Mystcraft releases. Also can I just say that I miss MultiMC?
Due to an overzealous security script on binarymage, I'm locked out for the time being until the owner logs on and bails me out.
In the meantime, here's an update to the new Mystcraft for 1.6.2. Not much changed, but the environment is much nicer for me to work in now, I can use Mystcraft, NEI, and the Myst NEI plugin inside of Eclipse, and I'm using a new buildscript based on xcw's buildscript for Mystcraft. I still need to set it up to update my documentation and run tests though.
Hi, I'm having a minor graphical issue with the AoM pages:
Inventory view (shows tooltip):
Writing desk view (no tooltip available):
This occurs in both pre5 and in 0.0.1.00. Not all AoM pages are affected, but only AoM pages are affected. If you need a more complete list of affected pages, I can try to provide one for you.
This looks like the issue xcw was talking to you about on the Mystcraft forums, as this is what would happen if these symbols weren't registered properly after existing in a world previously. I'll talk to xcw and see what can be done about it.
Is there a pattern to the blocks in question? Are they all Material Modifiers? (Material Modifiers will start with "ModMat_" like in the image.) If not what other symbols are displaying this behavior?
Would you mind pastebinning the AoM symbol config from both client and server?
Is this a world that existed with an older version of Mystcraft and AoM? Specifically.... let me look.... pre2 or pre3 of AoM? There were some config file changes after those two versions.
Glad it's working for you without needing a bugfix.
I'll look into sending configs on server connect but it's low on my list right now, I want to finish the new features in Tech I've been working on and get Journals and the beginning of Tech released. Been put off too long....
I've been playing on pre5 for 1.5 on my server and I like the mod mostly. I've been having major issues with worlds being made of a solid material though since installing the mod. A good 90% of the time when I generate a world it's made of some random block type, generally clay, sandstone, wool, or stone bricks. I've created nearly 50 worlds trying to get a cave world with normal biome and I've only gotten it once or twice. Any idea if there's a way to get around this?
That's vanilla Mystcraft behavior since 0.10.4.00. Autoselection was broken in 0.10.0.00 with the release of modifiers, and 0.10.4.00 fixed it, including allowing modifiers to be autoselected.
You can use modifiers to change the base material of a terrain, by writing a terrain material and/or a sea material before the terrain. Terrain materials are listed on the wiki. Everything in the table labeled "Terrains" is a valid material. (This is something that the base mod should definitely improve. That should come when the focus turns to in-game information to help players not have to look at the wiki all the time.)
Biome and ore generation checks for specific materials before doing anything, usually stone. So Stone is the default terrain material for the Overworld, and Water is the default sea for the Overworld.
Meaning that Stone Block + Water Block + Standard Terrain should work as you'd expect. Remember that Stone Block and Water Block are modifying Standard Terrain, and modifiers go before the thing they modify.
Made some good progress toward an initial release of Tech so far. Had to put it off for awhile in order to maintain my status as "not homeless" but finally had some time today to work on modding. Today I made players that link through Star Fissures actually fall to Overworld spawn like they should. It's part of some content that I've split off from Ages of Mystcraft into its own server-side mod called Linking Tweaks. Thread is on the Mystcraft forums since it's not released yet. (Can't release until the next version of Mystcraft, I rely on some recent API changes.)