It would be helpful to know:
* which Galacticraft version and which Forge version
* other mods installed (including Optifine?)
* do you see the same problem with only Galacticraft (latest version 445) installed, no other mods?
* is this a problem which started only recently, like everything was OK in some older Galacticraft a month back
* PC or Mac? Java version? Do you have any other issues in Minecraft except this?
If a 1.8 version of Galacticraft ever comes out, it will be posted prominently in this thread and on the micdoodle8.com official site. Months before it gets picked up by illegal / scammer download sites like that one....
Although a 1.8 version of Galacticraft is being worked on, we are in no hurry to release it. Minecraft 1.8 has performance and memory issues which become even worse with mods. Minecraft 1.7.10 is better for playing mods. Most of your favourite mods are still in 1.7.10, that's where the modpacks are also.
If you want to play with MC 1.8 new features like rabbits and guardians, just add the excellent Et Futuro mod to your modpack.