Last but not least there was report of a ColdChicken method allegedly screwing something up on a server. I have looked into this and found that the method in question is actually a vanilla one, as that particular line of code calls super.onLivingUpdate(). Unfortunately this means that with Minecraft's level of error reporting I am unable to obtain any useful data at this time.
If you don't need to implement your own packets, the best way to synchronize data from server to client for tile entities is this:
1) Override TileEntity.getDescriptionPacket(). Minecraft calls this function server-side when your tile entity is marked changed. This returns a Packet132TileEntityData. Construct it with your tile entity's xCoord/yCoord/zCoord, create a new NBTTagCompound in its customParam1, call your tile entity's writeToNBT, and away it goes.
2) Override TileEntity.onDataPacket(INetworkManager,Packet132TileEntityData). Minecraft calls this function client-side when it receives the packet from getDescriptionPacket. customParam1 is what you feed to readFromNBT. If this has changed your block's visuals and you are not using a TileEntitySpecialRenderer, you will need to call World.markBlockForRenderUpdate(xCoord,yCoord,zCoord) to force it to regenerate the display list for that chunk.
3) Create a function to be called server-side that includes the following: "World.notifyBlockChange(xCoord,yCoord,zCoord,currTileEntityBlockId" (to notify neighbours that this tile entity has done something), "World.markBlockForUpdate(xCoord,yCoord,zCoord)" (to tell Minecraft it needs to call getDescriptionPacket and send it to the client), and "World.getChunkFromChunkCoords(xCoord>>4,zCoord>>4).setChunkModified()" (to notify Minecraft that your tile entity needs to be written out to disk the next time it saves chunks).
With magic bees and soul shards, i had no reason to go out and fight monsters (at least until i can get a redpower tunnel bore going). Now i do. Awesome mod bro, ill be installing it immediately. I plan on getting a massive aura node with force shears on tubestuff's block breakers if it works, since its hard to automate silverwood trees that dont drop enough saplings. I can imagine about 40 other things i want this mod for too. Great work, +1 from me!
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Unsure if this is intended behavior or not, but:
- Cold Cows cannot be bred (Well this could be explained by the fact that the cows would be extremely uncomfortable without their skin, so I guess this one kinda makes sense in that regard XD)
- Force Saplings seem to use the old number for the Forestry Fermenter. That is, 2 buckets of water = 1 bucket of Biomass, whereas normal Saplings only give 1/4th of that, and Honey/Fruit Juice do not appear to have an effect on the amount of Biomass produced.
1) Spawners for modded mobs "shift" when picked up with a force wrench. A thaumcraft wisp spawner became a angry giant zombie spawner. Put it down and pick it back up and then it becomes a golem spawner.
2) Skinned chickens appear as Thaumcraft Alembic Golems
3) Ender tots appear as skinned cows.
4) Skinning a cow crashes the client. Furthermore, so long as that cow is visible, I can't login again
Crashlog from the relogin:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// This doesn't make any sense!
java.lang.ClassCastException: thaumcraft.common.entities.projectile.EntityDart cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
-- Head --
I'm using a modpack that includes your mod as well as Butterfly Mania and it seems that whenever I try the Force Shears on a cow, it turns into a butterfly... And when I kill it, it drops meat and tears. It also still sounds like a cow
This sounds like an ID issue that you will need to get the modpack author to address. Please report this to them.
im having a problem with ender tots and rain when it rains they die and there parents agro even thoe im on the other side of the world so i keep getting jumped by ender men =( its not your fault but the code could be improved a bit =) great mod