Download: Dropbox ID#s used: Above the 16000 range (likely won't need to change any)
New Items / Recipes / Features:
Tool Handle (crafted with (for now) with "Strange Animal Hide" between two iron)
Improved Iron Pickaxe (two Tool Handles under 3 iron) is a modified version of the vanilla Iron Pick w/ increased durability and decreased enchantability.
The Magical Gold Pickaxe (two iron handles under 3 gold) is a highly enchantable version of the vanilla gold pickaxe, and is immediately enchantable with higher level enchants (as long as you have a few levels on you). This pick is powerful and can mine just about anything, but won't last long. You should enchant it immediately.
Improved Diamond Pickaxe is similar to the Improved Iron Pickaxe, but Diamond strength and lasts quite a long time. Like the Iron counterpart it's magically inert.
Leather (crafted from 4 leather pieces in a shapeless recipe)
Strange Animal Hide (current name): Use in various recipes. Will eventually be made into something else. Has a slightly low drop rate.
The leather recipe "hard core mode" is by default set to true which requires leather pieces. Switching this off (false) will allow you to simply smelt rotten flesh to leather.
Minecraft Forge (tested with 220.127.116.119)
Note: Tested against 104 popular mods with no issues.
0.1.6.2: Changed the name of the low drop rate hide item. It is now used to craft the Tool Handle.
0.1.6.1: Added a Creative Tab for the mod. Mobs drop hide (small chance) which will later be used in a recipe.
0.1.5.4: The Improved Gold Pickaxe is now the Magical Gold Pickaxe which can be immediately enchanted with high level enchants, but is quite brittle.
0.1.5.2: Removed two config options for leather recipes and converged them into one "hard core" mode switch.
0.1.5.0: Added two different options for creating leather from rotten flesh in the config.
0.1.4.3a: Decreased enchantability on Improved Tools (for balance)
0.1.4d: Iron Handle "leather grip" texture added (fixed)
-- Can only cut 2 leather at once. Need to figure out how to fix this. Haven't found much on the subject.
Possible Future Updates:
- Currently working on achievements.
- Hardened/Tempered Steel manufacturing process (maybe machines that output items instead of
being crafted by hand - a bit more realistic)
- Additional leather options or processes: ie., tanning racks and such that make more sense. And possible add new items and features to go along with it.
- Strengthened leather of some kind for end-game items or armor. No one seems to think leather can be used in end-game armor.
- Improved Gem Pickaxes using RP2 gems
- Add a few interesting food items of some kind
- I do have a lot of experience with graphics, but sprites are not my strong point and if anyone is interested in making mine look better, let me know.
This is just a mod that I work on in my spare time when I have nothing else to do. I will be updating it from time to time and I have plenty of ideas for the mod that I may or may not implement fully in the future.
Note: I am not a Java expert by any means. So I would essentially consider this mod a beta project.