I have decided to release a VERY alpha version of my TC4 api. Everything in here is subject to change (and probably WILL change), but at least it will allow addon modders to start working on integration. TC4_API_ALPHA_8.zip
shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft
I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
There is a very tiny chance that updates may break your save. Backup just in case.
- by popular demand: added possible fix for disappearing nodes due to map shenanigans.
WARNING: this has a small chance of breaking saves by messing with your nodes.
Be prepared to run a node wipe and regen after installing this patch.
- mods that modify the recipe list should no longer break the thaumonomicon.
*3.0.5h1 hotfix* - fixed golem xp dropping mechanics for the cases where visors weren't working as intended.
- fix for some harness rendering bugs
- more golem fixes
- trying to tackle the golem jar crashes... again... and again
- trying to tackle the golem jar crashes... again
- some localization and gui fixes
- more fixes for golem related crashes
- added russian to localization
- wand of equal trade now displays the number of blocks of the targeted type you have available.
- fix for a few more golem related crashes
- fix for certain mod crops/plants not being correctly harvested by straw golems
- arcane bore won't ignore unbreakable blocks and allow you to dig blocks beyond them anymore
- fixed harness dupe exploit
- some general bug and crash fixes
- fixed monster spawning in non-vanilla biomes
- fixed language support
- cinnibar should once again spawn... oops. You might want to run regen for cinnibar if the world was created using MC 1.5 or later.
- prevent moving of harness while it's gui is open
- fix for possible harness gui crash
- harness recipe fixed to require the correct crystals
- fix for thaumometer and discoveries displaying incorrectly in survival mode... for reals this time
- frost shards should no longer collide with the player clientside (was a purely visual bug)
- other minor bug fixes
- update to 1.5.2
- golem visor should no longer cause a crash
- items like the thaumometer should render properly again (blame Forge for that one)
- New stuff? New stuff!
- research table, mirror and jar rendering should not cause crashes anymore
- harvesting and shearing my plants and leaves should not cause crashes anymore
- arcane pressure plate + door should no longer cause your game to lock up.
- the "java.lang.NullPointerException at thaumcraft.api.ObjectTags.<init>(ObjectTags.java:21)" is technically caused by addon mods not implementing the new version of the API, but I'm adding something to prevent this crash. This might cause those addon mods to do strange things however so be prepared. Also, depending on how those addon mods calls this function the error might not go away at all.
- recipes with 'wildcard' and/or damageable ingredients should work now
- fixed blocks that were rendering a bit goofy
- fixed Rod of Nine Hells crash
- fixed possible crash when looking at a filled jar
- fixed a possible crash related to markers and golem AI
- tweaked infused ore spawn rates a bit - something seems to have made it a lot rarer than usual
- API: Added a way to define "clickable" crops that the golem will harvest without breaking the block, (For example: Natura berry bushes). This needs to be set up using FMLInterModComms.
- API: The existing method to add crops also uses FMLInterModComms now, though a deprecated version of the old system will remain in place till the next major API revision.
- It should run on a server now - derpdy derp
- Fixed display of recipes in thaumonomicon with cycling items.
- arcane door icons fixed and they should no longer cause the client to freeze when opened.
- added localization support so players and server admins may add support for other languages. Just add your own .lang file in /thaumcraft_localization/ directory located in the minecraft config directory. It uses the same naming convention as the minecraft localizations files.
- filled jars can now stack to 8 as long as the jars contain the same amount and type of essentia
- crucible now tries to place the most numerous aspects into alembics first
- Added a thaumcrafty way to heat your crucible with an existing item.
- Repair enchantment does nothing in creative mode
- step height increase from boots of the traveller should now properly remove itself along with the boots
- brain in jars can now hold 2000 xp instead of 1000 xp
- wooden logs now only give 4 wood aspect, which obviously has a huge knock-on effect in the aspects of most items
- changed the aspect values of several other items.
- fixed arcane workbench dupe bug
- elemental shovel cannot 'build' with blocks that have tile entities
- new golem
- greatly improved the efficiency of the arcane bore digging algorithm (by up to 180 times!) so having more than one running at a time in close proximity should no longer kill the CPU. The beam may occasionally seem to stop digging and reset to the center position, but that is normal.
- API: The api has had a bit of a minor facelift and has been reorganized. It will change again once the 3.1 changes go into effect so consider yourself warned.
- API: additional method in ObjectTags
- API: Biome functions have been deprecated in favor of the new forge Biome dictionary.
- API: there are some mysterious methods in the api. Ignore them for now
I lose all my research when I play in offline mode. What happened? (This should no longer happen as of 3.0.2)
When I store a players research I link it to their username. Most people, however, log in with their email address and their username is retrieved from the Minecraft authentication servers. So you log in with [email protected] and the game retrieves your username of Player12345.
In offline mode however your username is whatever you logged in with: [email protected] in the above example.
The result is that Thaumcraft won't find your research because it won't know your correct username in offline mode.
To get around this you need to login with your ingame username when you want to play in offline mode: Player12345in the example above.
My Aura nodes have all dissapeared. What now?
It seems certain setups are prone to corrupting their aura save files for some reason. I'm taking steps to prevent this, but for now the only solution is the use the world regeneration option (see below) and run it for aura nodes only.
(1) Install Forge (Modloader is NOT required - my mod uses the Forge modloader)
(2) Download this mod and place the zip into your Mods Directory.
Config File Settings
For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC3 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Install video for Mac
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven't visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
The code of “Thaumcraft for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. You may not reproduce, redistribute or modify it.
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed below. I don't ignore them to be an ass, but I get at least 10 mod-pack requests per day and I honeslty can't be bothered to reply to them all.
Public Mod Packs:
All mod packs I want to include Thaumcraft already have my permission. Only people I am personally acquainted with have any chance of me giving permission for their mod pack.
Currently these include:
- Feed the Beast
Private server packs are granted permission to include past and the current client versions of Thaumcraft in a mod pack tailored exclusively for that Minecraft server. The pack must be distributed in a way that ensures that only players currently active on that server can download it. Private server packs are only mod packs intended for use by a closed membership Minecraft server and distributed only to those members.
All the folks on the Forgcraft server for your help and support.
Dan Scott (http://www.danscottart.com) for all the help he gave me with some of the sprites.
Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things
bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack.
chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect code on his L-Systems code from WRCBE
Eloraam for allowing me to add Redpower and Blutricity integration
Ill check it out. Can't wait to actually see pics though.... I would rail on you about how you need pics, but you did link back to the last mod at least. Naughty 1k+ post mod maker forgetting the golden rule of pics before post.
You can check out Direwolf20's let's play series on youtube. Shows off tons of the mods contents.