Do you know the moments, where you only have spruce wood but need some acacia wood desperately? Did you craft too much planks and need logs, but don't have any trees nearby? Then this mod is for YOU! With the WoodConverter mod you can convert all your wood, leaves and more into their other types! You can also craft stairs, slabs and more back into planks, and those back into logs!
All of the following recipes can be applied to any of the shown block types (i.e. the plank recipe works the same for all plank types). The converting order is as followed: Oak -> Spruce -> Birch -> Jungle -> Acacia -> Dark Oak -> Oak
The following recipes are shapeless, which means that you can place the shown items in any order into your workbench. They also apply for all other wood types.
Starting from v2.6_3, WoodConverter will check for updates each first time a world is loaded after the game was started. You will be informed in the chat, whether there is an update available or not. As of v2.7, you can configure this feature in the config file. Introduced in v2.8_2, VersionChecker takes over the job of my custom written UpdateChecker. I highly suggest that you use VersionChecker as it's probably supported by many of other mods you installed, and helps you to keep them up to date!
Important: Many sites are copying my and other author's mods and redistribute them as their own work. These sites and the files you can download often contain malware! Do not download this or any other mod from any other site than minecraftforum.net! For more information about this pleas visit this thread or go to their website. #StopModReposts
Forge installation instructions:
Download the latest installer of Forge (for version 2.9.2 of Wood Converter download at least Forge 22.214.171.1248 as the mod was compiled with this version)
Download Wood Converter
Make sure you ran the corresponding Minecraft version at least once
Right click on the Forge file -> open with -> Java(TM) Platform SE binary
Select search and go to your .minecraft directory (default is %appdata%/.minecraft) and hit "Install Client"
Click ok as soon as it's done
Drag the Wood Converter file into your .minecraft/mods folder. If that folder doesn't exist, create it.
Close everything, start Minecraft and enjoy!
Optionally, you can install VersionChecker which gives you a notification on Minecraft's main menu if there's a new update available. No more annoying chat messages (This means you can safely delete the WoodConverter configuration file)
All Forge downloads including versions that are not listed in the three download widgets below can be found over on the mod's CurseForge page.
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - bl4ckscor3, Original author of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
MODPACK - A compilation of MODs including this MOD
1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, adfocus, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for PRIVATE use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
5. MODPACK This MOD can be part of a MODPACK, however you have to personal message the OWNER if you want to add this MOD to your public MODPACK. Private MODPACKs do not require permissions.
If you want to support my mod, please click the green arrow in the bottom left corner of this post, comment on this thread (is highly appreciated) and copy one of the banners into your signature. You don't have to do everything, though