I'm trying to run 1.12.1 with the mod, but when I press 'PLAY' from the Minecraft Launcher, it gives this error:
It looks like you are using an unsupported modified version of the game.
The game crashed whilst there was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail Error: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Pet Bat (petbat)
I have the recommended version of 1.12 Forge, and a few other mods that work fine so far:
I emptied the mod folder of all other mods, just in case it was an incompatibility... but that did not help.
I realized that I tried downloading it from 9minecraft (I usually download my mods and stuff from there). Using the download from link provided in the first post rectified the issue.
Anyways. A few... bugs?
1. When I right click a wild bat with a pumpkin pie, TWO pet bats spawn. They each get their own whistle and their own randomized name. Which is certainly not the worst thing in the world lol, but I'm pretty sure that is not intended.
2. Pressing 'Q' on the bat flute results in the bat flute magically disappearing. It does not get thrown on the ground like most items do. Logging out and logging back in again causes it to reappear in my inventory, though, so that's nice at least.
3. Crafting the bat with a pumpkin pie doesn't seem to work. I've tried in the crafting table, in the inventory, in various positions... But nothing works. So when the bat runs down to no health, there's no way to heal it
4. I tried using an anvil, since crafting didn't work. Bat + Pumpkin Pie? The arrow was crossed out in red (like it is when you put random stuff on the anvil that can't be used together).
5. Convincing the bat to eat the pie (even when it can still fly around / has half health or something) can be tricky. I drop it, pick it up, drop it, drop several, etc. Eventually it finally eats.
Unable to feed my bats to heal them up, either by dropping pie or putting them in a crafting frame with the pie... Was that changed or do I have another mod that's conflicting in an odd way? I have over 200 mods, so no idea how to narrow that down short of trial and error disabling them one at a time...
Also, if my bats are currently attacking a zombie and I get hit by a different zombie, they'll swarm around it and push it around but not actually hit it for damage...is that a known bug?
Hello good sir. I am developer of a Minecraft mod that uses a section of code based on your PetBats mod. When I updated to 1.12, that section of code was broken and I couldn't figure out why as I didn't get any errors. When I went to the Forge forums for help, I learned that the Forge team made a poor decision in updating certain methods used.
In particular, this should help fix the bug involved with dropping pie on the ground to revive (ItemTossEvent handler), the section of code I actually use. I figured I best pass this info on to you since you pioneered this code!
It probably wasn't any conscious decision, either the MC devs refactored their AABB or Forges automated mapping matcher "translated" wrong. The same problem occured in Infernal Mobs and broke the "looking at mob x" detection.
But now that you mention it, i probably have several of these spots in my repo ... yep several. Thanks for notifying me
Well i was having lots of fun with this mod, but when Shiza dies under a pile of gravel (coincidence?) i CANT BRING IT BACK IN ANY WAY.
I am not a programmer or coder.... can sombody help us, bat lovers in here?