You mean things have to die in it. I'd set mine up in an enclosed space with a Thaumcraft 3 node inside, and had several dozen wisps being toasted by the nexus. Sense energy showed 40-50k essence, so it had plenty of charge to power my calefactor. Still wasn't actually sending energy through the conduits though.
hello everyone, i wanted to know if this mod is going to be ported to bukkit before the new years, i love the mod and it will make a wonderful addition to my forgebukkit server. since forgebukkit has updated to 1.4.5 :3
Secondly, I've been playing with this mod for the past few days and am loving it, and I havn't even been able to get into the more advanced features, been mostly out collecting spells and trying them out. (I know I could do it on creative, but it's much more fun to see them actually in the game.) But for all of the good that this mod is, there is are a few things that I've seen that could be ironed out, or expanded upon.
- Current mana availible as text when you open up the inventory.
There are two current issues with this. First, when you have another buff, or debuff, which appears to the left, the text is forcibly moved to the right.
Second, if you have an item which has a large enough tooltip to share space with the mana, the mana will appear over the tooltip.
A proposed fix to both of these issues in a somewhat elegant way, would be to have the mana show up to the left, like a normal buff/debuff, with the frame and everything. (Example below also uses whatever specialty the user is as the mana icon so that they can keep track of that imformation. At the time of creating it, didn't think to use the actual essense icon, which would be a better fit.)
- The Life Tap spell currently damages any armor that you're wearing. Not sure if this can be worked around, but it's incedibly annoying using that to get back mana and then having mana sapped from your pool because your spell to gain mana, also damages your mage armor.
- In the wiki there is no mention of any of the mages (Black, White, Green, or otherwise) that are added to the game as new entities, so currently there is no information on them other than, they throw spells as you. I havn't seen any drops from them either, so I have no clue if it's even worth trying to go out and hunt them.
- I have come across quite a few building that I believe to be Ars Magica related, that don't have a chest in them. I'm not 100% as there doesn't seem to be any information avialible about what kinds of new world generation there are other than "Mage Towers" Which most of which don't even appear like towers, but houses. I think something that would be cool is if there were some screenshots somewhere about the different towers and give a little back story behing each of them, as I'm sure when creating the mod you had a specific flavor in mind for every tower.
- Another type of tower I would love to see is one tht spawns in an Ocean Biome. I'm usually plagued with seeds that have at least a few 1000 x 1000 block ranges that are filled with Ocean Biome (On non XL Biome). As such I think it would be very neat to see some towers that come out of the water, or that you could see in the water and they'd be sunken temples. I also think it'd be pretty great due to the fact that in more ocean biomes the level on which normal blocks (Dirt, clay, etc) start on, is very consistant.
- Something I think could be interesting for potions is for the higher level potions (Greater - Legendary) is if you actually had to use the brewing stands in order to make them. There are some towers with brewing stands in them, and it would make more sense for them to be there. Another point of doing this would be that the recepie for Standard and greater are entierly too similar, and as such it would make a great splitting point.
- Along with the brwing system I think another cool feature would be the ability to brew essences into potions and make them work like temporary affinities.
- I know that there is a section on the wiki for it, but it'd be nice to see it completed sooner rather than later, would be which spells are tied to which affinity. Some are obvious, but others not nearly as much.
- Include some way to turn off the Hud icons (Pieces of Armor Specifically)
- Not sure if there is a way to currently, but having the option to dismiss or unsummon a pet, could potentially be handy.
I hope to see this mod keep going strong into the future and I look to see where it all eventually goes.
There is a way to unsummon pets - the dispel spell.
Many of the "towers" in the mod are actual houses, but these all have chests that I've seen, and I've run across maybe 12 different mod-related buildings types. If you didn't find a chest, it's either hidden, you didn't look in every room, or it's likely not from this mod. Only the building with the second floor balconies and books with cobwebs in them is from this mod and has no chests that I've seen.
Brewing stand will be used for potions in future patch - mentioned in wiki.
Total mana is located where it is to prevent overlapping conflicts with other mods. Not sure if there is any intention to move it, but currently it doesn't conflict with most other mods out there with HUD changes.
Future Features (post-release):Factions - the light and dark mages are at war. Which side will you choose? Gain access to faction-specific spells, and join the quest to corrupt or purity the world of Minecraft!
Light and Dark mage NPCs will be introduced with basic AI, though faction support is not happening until Version 2.0
Light mages and dark mages will fight each other though
Light mages are not hostile unless attacked
They will heal you if they notice your health is low
They will fight mobs
Dark mages are hostile on sight and possess the ability to cast random spells at you
Also I seem to remember somewhere it saying that there is a chance for dark mages to drop spell recipes.
Thanks for the link. Last chunkloader I used wasn't updated, and currently I don't have one. By the way, everything in that photo is one building, with the "mage tower" attached to the side, so it should only be about 60-70 blocks away.
Forgot about that endstone tower. Shame it's empty considering it's the prettiest of them all, even cooler looking than the archmage tower.
Ah, thanks for the info. Also, the point I was trying to make about the mages is that there should be a page for them on the wiki. Currently typing in mages leads to the changelog, which while does get the point across, doesn't mention black mages drop scrolls or anything else of the like.
As for where the mana is located, I can't imagine it being very hard to program it like a vanilla buff/debuff, which I believe would look better and be even less obtrusive with other mods since it's acting like something in vanilla.
I also agree with the Endstone Towers, they do look really cool, almost like a rocketship. Was sad to see no chests. I've also seen houses with what looks like red brik chinmeys that are single story. They looked like part of the mod, but no chest.
\ I've also seen houses with what looks like red brick chimneys that are single story. They looked like part of the mod, but no chest.
Brewing stand inside of them, as well as a cauldron? If so, yea, part of the mod. Also, fyi, this mod works great with Thaumcraft. And Thaumcraft loves both that cauldron and the netherrack used in that fireplace, and where this mod works with spells mostly and exploring to find things, Thaumcraft covers the alchemical sides of things, as well as building your own things when you are not exploring, letting them complement each other very well. As well as both fitting the obvious magic theme.
this the the first ever magic mod I've ever WANTED to play with (ones that deal with spells anyway). this looks like a really awesome mod and I look forward to playing with it and seeing its continued development. I thank direwolf for making a spotlight of this mod.