Did you ever want the weather and time in Minecraft to be the same as the weather (and time) in real life? Well now you can with the RealWeather & RealTime mods for Minecraft; Just type in your postal designation or city and your done! This works in almost every country and city in the world. You must not be to vague (ex. Europe, UK, US) and you must not use "the" or spaces. Enjoy and don't forge to be awesome!
Please note that due to the fact the Minecraft has short nights and long days sunrise and sunset may be a tad early and a tad late, respectively.
Review of the mod back a whiles ago. It's been updated:
1. Install Forge API.
2. Extract the mod into the minecraft.jar. (found in .minecraft/bin)
3. Delete META-INF.
Release v1.0 - 12/21/12 - To celebrate the end of the world I released the mod and gave it a few minor updates as well as updating to 1.4.6. DFTBA!
Beta v5.0 - 11/26/12 - Added a notation on the options page relating to the short nighttime. I also fixed the bug where all the settings reset every time you entered the game. As well I made it so that the time of day affects monster spawning.
Beta v4.2 - 11/26/12 - Added an update checker and put in a bug sniffer for the bug that has been reported with RealTime.
Beta v4.1 - 11/21/12 - Updated to 1.4.5. More updates expected soon.
Beta v4.0 - 9/16/12 - Added an info pane and fixed the GUI bug. Also allowed RealTime to use your inputed location!
Beta v3.1 - 9/16/12 - Added a validity check on locations that are entered.
Beta v3.0 - 9/15/12 - Ported to Forge API. Increased compatibility. Bug fixes.
Beta v2.1.1 - 9/11/12 - Fixed a bug when disabling RealWeather.
Beta v2.1 - 9/11/12 - Made RealWeather and RealTime toggle-able.
Beta v2.0 - 9/10/12 - Added RealTime.
Beta v1.0 - 9/7/12 - Added thunder storms.
Alpha v1.1 - 9/7/12 - Added notifications and reduced lag.
Alpha v1.0 - 9/6/12 - Original publish.
It's a secret.
The main GUI:
By accessing, downloading, linking to, or utilizing the work provided above you agree:
1. Not to sue or attempt to sue the creator of the work because of damages that may arise by its use.
2. To waive any claim to copyrights that you believe you may hold within or of the work.
3. That you not redistribute the data without express permission.
4. That any and all disputes arising from these activities shall be handled under the laws of the state of North Carolina and of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
6. In any case where you violate clause 3 or the copyright in any way the owner may claim damages in any amount that they feel necessary or the maximum amount allowable by law, up to 1000 US Dollars. If a predetermined value is required than each unlawfully distributed copy shall be worth 20 US Dollars.
7. If any of the above clauses are prohibited you shall not download the work.
This is awesome i've always wanted this,
However it should have a temporary override option, for if i want to record a video or something and it needs to be day, However it stalls when it updates the weather