MinecraftForum is completely unusable and does not let me edit this topic properly. This page will no longer be updated with new versions, but can still be used to download old, unsupported versions of the mod.
The sprinting system in Minecraft always felt unfinished and unrefined, but don't worry - Better Sprinting is here to save it and add a bunch of extra glitter!
List of features
- Sprint Hold key with an obvious function
- Sprint Toggle key which toggles between sprinting and walking
- Sneak Toggle key which toggles sneaking (opening GUIs makes you stand up until you close it)
- Option to turn on/off double tapping W
- Flying speed boost in creative mode (hold the sprint key)
- Option for sprinting in all directions (SP ONLY)
- Option to disable the mod without having to uninstall it
- Quickly access Better Sprinting settings in-game using O (can be configured)
- Slowly access Better Sprinting settings from the Controls menu
- Optional update notifications (checked once a day)
- The mod can also be installed on a server, and the /bettersprinting admin command lets you enable special features or automatically disable the mod on client side when people join
- If you don't have a Forge server, you can read all about implementing your own mod/plugin to benefit from the features
Really glad this is updated. What does "added possibility to double tap W back" mean though? Please make sure it's optional, part of the draw of re-binding the sprint key is being able to move tapping W without randomly sprinting...
Edit: Please update and make the double tap W thing removable. Please
Completely forgot about that reason! Sorry, I now added a new option in Controls menu, that allows you to switch if you want double tapping to be available :). Reuploaded, same link (1.3.2, v4).
Thanks for feedback, I'm starting a new experimetal series on my channel "Mod Development Commentary", where I show all features of the mod and then its code and try to explain the important parts, and show some useful java code that you could use in your own java projects :). I'd appreciate if you checked it out and leave a comment for the next mod.
Did ya try clicking the yellow thing in the top right that says "Skip Ad"? It appears roughly 5 seconds after the page loads, on my screen, bringing up a page with a green download button in the center. Just tried it again, still works fine here..
What happens is that this mod stops the scrollbar from appearing in the options menu, so you can't scroll at all and the buttons become a mess once you have a few mods installed.
Well, what you can do is change the settings once and then install scrollable controls over better sprinting, you won't be able to save the sprint options anymore though, but if you set it to some controls that you're gonna use forever, I don't see a problem :).
Can you possibly make it so you can bind sprint and shift toggle buttons to mouse keys? I'm not a programmer so i'm not sure if this will be easy or not. And great mod, I love it so much!
If you happen to have a mouse with more buttons than Windows accounts for by default/MC's not recognizing the one of choice, you may need to look towards your mouse's manufacturer for supporting software. I've got a Logitech G700 for instance & the game simply doesn't recognize some of the buttons. Setpoint gives the ability to assign almost any key/command to most of the mouse inputs though.
Epic mod.. it's so little, yet does so much..
But you better keep updating it.. cause once you get used to lets say holding shift to sprint and then new version of minecraft comes out.. it's hard to learn to double tap w again..
Yup, a server I play on is on the latest snapshot, but I can't update the mod because there's no MCP so hard to play.