*Outdated - Will update it later* Since the release of the first ever FriendsOverlay build we've aimed to achieve one thing, your love and support for the mod. With a high demand of love we've continued with consistent updates and we're here on version 3.
FriendsOverlay is the most innoavtive minecraft mod for friend communications. With the mod gaining more success each day means the support for FriendsOverlay is vital. FriendsOverlay adds a new menu to the game which allows you to chat with friends on Minecraft, Skype. But that's not all, we allow you to tweet via the mod and even post messages to Facebook! If that's not enough we allow users to upload their screenshots to friendsoverlay and then publish them to social network from there. We strive to offer the service which you (our community) wants and we believe we're doing a great job. Not just the fact that we add friend communication through multiple methods and social network interaction, but we also feature clans! You can join a clan and communicate with your clan. Join your clan on a server and completely demolish others... Well, if they're using the mod, maybe it would be one major battle. With notifications hinting when new activity has occurred if you're popular, you might get overwhelmed. Not to worry, we have the covered. With the function to disable certain notifications this is surely not a problem. With all that covered there couldn't possibly be more? You're wrong. With the click of a button you can connect to you friends' server. Not just the latest server neither, but you will have a history to chose from. Not to worry, if you like to keep your history 'off the charts' as one might say, then you can disable history logging. If that's still not enough how about a twitter feed for you? Still not good enough? What about the ability of earning honors for yourself and your clan (if you're in one)? Now that surely is what one would call ... Awesome!
If you want all of this and much more, you can download FriendsOverlay now.
Don't forget, we even support those who are cracked - amazing, right?
4.0 - Hmh. I changed everything?
3.2 - Recoded much of the code
- New connection system
3.1.1 - Fixed gui bug
3.1 - *WILL FOLLOW*
3.0 - Design revamp. This includes the graphics and the layout.
- "Login" to your FriendsOverlay account.
- Skype Integration.
- Messages (PMs).
- Instant Messages have also been tweaked to enhance communications.
- You can modify if your cape shows (if you have one) within ingame too!
- Donator's can customize their cape.
- System runs from an advanced API system.
- Cracked users can now use FriendsOverlay!
- Twitter feed.
- Post messages to Facebook and Twitter.
- Upload screenshots to FriendsOverlay and share them everywhere.
- New login system. [WEB]
- Intelligent systems to increase how fast the pages load. [WEB]
- You can view your honors and track your progress. [WEB]
- Forums to chat with fellow members! [WEB]
- Screenshot voting, screenshot sharing. [WEB]
- And much more...
2.2 - Bug fixes
2.1.1 - Bug fixes
2.1 - Added Clan System
- Prepared for Group Chats
2.0.1 - Resolved an issue allowing users to create invalid accounts.
2.0 - Website has released!
- Profile added!
- Settings added!
- Medals added!
- Redemption System added!
- F.A.Q. added!
- Redemption History added!
- Select Medal added!
- Medal values added!
- Medal system completed!
- Redemption System now support 3 types of codes. Single use, multi-use and timed.
- Report a Bug added!
- Contact Us added!
- Create account added!
- Login added!
- Activate account added!
- Added 'Connect to Website' button.
- Fixed profile images.
- Enhanced performance.
- Completly recoded
- Rightclick-Menu opens sliding
- Rightclick-Menu opens on the exact Position you click instead in the middle of the Avatar
- Added scrollbars
- New Chat GUI
- Added ingame Profile
- Fixed Singleplayer Worldnames
- New faster TextureLoader
- Added MOTD Slider
- Added automatic Update Notification
- Forge Support
- Unicode Font
- 'Back' buttons on various GUI interfaces
... And much, much more!
1.6 - Modified Server Files (Runs quicker)!
- Modified Capes, again.
- Added Facebook Integration.
- Added a "secret" addition, to be revealed soon.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
1.5.1 - Fixed some bugs with the capes
1.5 - Fixed some bugs
- Added new server
1.4 - Fixed some bugs
- Changed server
- Added donator capes
1.3.2 - Fixed some bugs
1.3.1 - Fixed a critical bug
1.3 - Added FriendsBrowser
- You can now join friends in multiplayer
- Added search in main overlay
- Fixed some bugs
- Preparing for the new fast connection (will be coming in the next update)
- After you received a chat message you can press F6 to open the chat
1.2 - Fixed some bugs
1.1 - Added notification workaround
1.0 - Initial release
1. Download an archive application such as winrar and open minecraft.jar with winrar.
2. Delete the folder META-INF.
3. Install ModLoader OR Minecraft Forge.
4. [FORGE] Drag the FriendsOverlay archive into the mods folder. If you don't have a folder named mods, make one.
4. [MOD LOADER] Drag the files from the FriendsOverlay archive into the minecraft.jar.
5. Done! Run Minecraft.
Michi302 (Michael) -> Copyright Owner, Founder and Creator of FriendsOverlay. Lead Mod Programmer, Lead Web Programmer and Server Maintenance. In charge of managing Tester and Developers.
Bradez1571 (Brad) -> Web Programmer. In charge of managing Testers and Developers. Operates support.
Jrtc27 (James) -> Mod Programmer. In charge of managing Testers.
Images: For reasons the image showing server history has been modified to protect the servers.
*Outdated - Will follow*
Prior to the Version 3 Release:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
Modifications of this MOD are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Creating AND/OR using a modificated version of this MOD AND/OR the FriendsOverlayNetworks may result in LEGAL CONSEQUENCES.
Me too. I tried to install with ModLoader, it works but I can't connect to a server via friendlist. In the line thats suppoused to be the server IP, there is a "?/?". And when I try to connect, it gives me "Connection Refused".
With Forge, it's says that FriendOverlay has been installed. But I hit F4 and nothing happens.
Can u help me with the connection with the server error via friend, please?