S.T.F.U. (Silence Talking From a Username) does exactly what you'd expect: it allows you to mute certain players from the chat with a simple command. Is another player spamming the chat with nonsense or just plain bothering you? Just type /mute (or .mute) and their username and you won't receive any more messages from that person.
- ModLoader/Forge/Vanilla compatible (does not require ModLoader/Forge)
- Works on essentially any server even if they do not have the /ignore command enabled
- Does not require you to be an operator of the server
- Persistant mutelist (works between servers, client relaunches, and MC updates)
Commands (note: all commands can use . instead of /)
- /mute <username> [i]Blocks all messages from the player[/i]
- /unmute <username> [i]Unblocks all messages from the player[/i]
- /listmutes [i]Lists all muted players (you can also use /mutelist)[/i]
- /clearmutes [i]Clears all muted players[/i]
- /mutehelp [i]Get help for the commands[/i]
Download and Installation (Updated for 1.6.2, Jul 29)
Drag the class file into your minecraft jar and replace the original class file. This process is the same as installing any other mod. There are good tutorials in this forum if you are unfamiliar with how to install Minecraft mods.
Fixed name detection to work on even more servers.
Muting players using S.T.F.U. is now no longer case sensitive.
S.T.F.U. has been updated to be compatible with Minecraft 1.4.2 and now includes a persistant mutelist saved to a preference file ([i]Minecraft Folder/mods/STFU/MuteList.txt[/i]). This means you no longer have to mute the same players over and over again every time you start Minecraft.
You can now use the prefix . (period) instead of / (slash) for mute commands. This should make the mod 100% compatible for servers that already have a mute plugin installed.
[i]Like this mod? Please be sure to leave a comment below! Thanks [/i]
Compatibility With Other Mods
This mod only overwrites the cm.class file (Packet3Chat.java). It should be compatible with almost all of the mods out there. However, be sure to check if you've downloaded a mod that has modified the cm class file before installing!
Muting could potentially not work if the server adds tons of tags before the name (i.e. [Gold] [Awesome] [Admin] [I Am Amazing] ThisIsMyUsername).
The 1.2 version S.T.F.U. is now live and includes . (period) as the alternate command prefix instead of just having / (slash). Thanks to rgamer35 for the suggestion! The download links for 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 are available in the original post.