The usual: Dump contents of zip into minecraft.jar with your archiving tool and delete META-INF folder. Or use a mod installer such as MultiMC.
- Inventory and workbench interfaces are updated. Only recipes you can make are shown. The number of each ingredient that will be used is displayed.
- Fast Reload: Pressing R reloads the current hotbar slot. This fills up stacks of blocks and items from your inventory, replaces just-broken tools and swords, cycles tools of different materials, and switches between full and empty buckets.
- Can't craft iron, gold, diamond blocks. Oops.
- Clicking too fast can cause you to craft the wrong thing as the recipe grid updates itself.
Because apparently I didn't do my research, compare and contrast:
I really suggest you check these out. They might be more what you're looking for, especially if you want Xbox360 style crafting. My mod is different from these in that it shows fewer items at a time (only recipes for the selected ingredient), and it replaces both inventory and workbench crafting entirely rather than adding a new block. Apologies for making it so similar to Crafting Table II and III, I didn't know about them before I made this.
- Improved reloading. Now cycles tool and sword materials and doesn't grab from hotbar.
All changes this mod makes to Minecraft are my own work. You may freely create and post screenshots or videos of this mod. You may do any of the following as long as you credit me and provide a link back to this page, and if it does not violate Minecraft's license or any other license:
Decompile this mod and incorporate it in your own mods, with or without modifications.
Redistribute this mod, with or without modifications.
I'd be honored if someone built on or improved my mod, so I hope this license allows people to do that. I want to encourage creativity and a remix spirit. Not that the code's great or anything.
This is one of my first mods, I would love some feedback. Try it and let me know what you think!
I think it's quite a nice mod, the interface could need a little upgrade though, totally gray is not very attracting. But if you change that, there isn't really anything negative to say about it.
You guys really should stop calling it a copy. That's like saying Crafting Table II/III is a copy of Terraria, or any animal mod being a copy of Mo' Creatures. Really guys.
Why this i NOT a copy:
1) This mod only shows you which items you can craft with the item you are currently selecting.
2) Instead of adding an alternative crafting interface, it changes how crafting tables work.
3) Changing crafting into not having to place the blocks into a specific form is quite a general idea.
Either way you craft stuff with placing items in specific slots or you do it by clicking on the item you want to craft.
How man other ways are there to craft?
Having a different interface doesn't mean it's not a copy. It's still the same mod. You didn't add anything that Crafting Table II doesn't have.
I don't think Crafting Table II has a new interface in the inventory screen for making torches when you're cavesploring. Also technically I added quick item Reloading but I guess that's kinda separate and maybe should be its own mod.
Besides that, this mod is nothing but an interface. It doesn't add ANYTHING to the game except interface changes. So what can I do to make it different than Crafting Table II, if it already has a different interface?